Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.

My name is William and I'm from Michigan. My friends call me Will and those that don't care for me have called me pretty much everything else !

I had been a GM fan for many years, but always had an admiring eye for many of the Mopar products that have come out over the years. When talking to others, I usually raved on about the old GTOs, 442s and Vette's of any vintage. I always kept quiet and never mentioned a word about how the Dodge Challenger was far and away the best looking of the retros that the the big 3 have reproduced over these past few years.

Long story short. I was really jerked off when GM was bailed out and became Government Motors as many call it, and I'd finally had my fill when this latest scandal, involving the loss of human lives to save a nickel, hit the news.

Long story short. I'm DONE with GM and am proud to join you folks in supporting the Dodge Challenger.

Traded my 2010 Corvette C6 + a couple of bucks, not much, for a like new 2012 Challenger SRT8 with only 3800 miles and loaded with equipment options. I haven't had a chance to take pics yet but my stock photo avatar is the twin image of my new Challenger SRT8 :banana:.

I'm looking forward to slowly meeting many of you, and as you might expect, I'll probably have a bushel full of questions.

Will

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Will, Congratulations and welcome aboard! :)

Reactions: Demon_SRT

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Hey Will....hello from a fellow Michigander (SW side of the State - about 15 miles west of K'zoo.) I understand your General Motors misgivings entirely. That C7 vette I saw at the Auto show kinda' had me thinking -but- I recently took another plunge into the Challenger World by purchasing a Yellow Jacket SRT to replace my previous R/T.

Good luck with the car; it sounds like a real "beauty, and needless to say "Welcome to the forum."

Regards,

Gary aka "beamg5"

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts
Welcome from PDX! I moved from SE Michigan to Portland in 1995. My Dad worked for GM for 33 years, and my Brother works at Design Staff in Warren since about 1988, so I have always had GM blood in my veins. Fast forward to the 2012 Woodward Dream Cruise, where I witnessed a local Challenger crew drive by with about 30 in a row. All the same car, but each was vastly different. I was hooked. My Dad always said if you can find a better car, buy it, so I did!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Welcome from an also former GM guy. (I no longer miss my Z28 or my Silverado - replaced with a Challenger and Ram)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Welcome from NY.

I'm partial to Vette's so I know its bittersweet to give up the C6. One thing I can tell you is the Chally is more well rounded. Especially as a daily driver.

Enjoy the new machine!

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Congrats and welcome to ChallengerTalk!
I'm pretty sure you are going to be really satisfied with the Challenger!

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
Welcome home. You'll enjoy the wealth of information you'll find on CT. From the great state of New Mexico...... :5:

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Welcome aboard. Did anyone ever tell you what Mopar stands for?

My
Own
Personal
Adrenaline
Rush

This car will show you that, soon.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts