Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick Hello! Waiting to be a buyer for 2019 Model Year. Will get 392 or bigger! Maybe as I've heard 426? That would rock!

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Welcome from Hellinois! Are you going to order or wait and see? Good luck and I like the way you think. (BIG)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Silver Scat! Man, I'm going to order regardless of what shows up. Get it my way. It's my 60yr b-day gift to myself. Heard about a 426 and also maybe a Cuda. I'm sure it won't be too much longer and the model year sales will start and the new models debut...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Silver Scat! Oh, I'm going to order regardless of what shows up. Get it my way. It's my 60yr b-day gift to myself. Heard about a 426 and also maybe a Cuda. I'm sure it won't be too much longer and the model year sales will start and the new models debut. But, Cudas arwnt really my thing... We'll see

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Not expecting any body styling/refresh for 2019 (no Cuda stuff). Might see a new motor and some different combinations of sub-models/packages and new/old colors. Take your time and choose wisely. You'll likely fall in love and hang on to it for a decade or more.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey K-Dawg,... It's hard waiting it out. I know it's between 2 models if I boight today. 392 Hemi Scat Pack Shaker or T/A 392... I do look at the Hellcat but I'm not sure. As far as the others. Love the Shaker Hood. But Love the T/A looks...lol... Thinking about the T/A and put an Old School Hood on it... Opinions on the 2?

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I looked long and hard at the T/A (thought about trading in my '13 R/T). Here's what I found that scared me off. The satin painted hood and satin roof/deck decals require special cleaning and maintenance. If you mess them up with the wrong soap or hit them with anything abrasive, they're messed up. Also, the T/A comes with the 6-piston Brembo brakes. Stock pads are super abrasive (on purpose) and they'll eat the rotors. Some guys with the 6-Piston Brembos replace the agressive pads right away, to save the rotors....but then, of course, you lose that agressive braking capability. First brake change could be upwards of $2500 for rotors and brake (if you believe some people who've lived it). Also, the current T/A doesn't really have a T/A hood and scoop. It's just the SRT hood painted satin black.

Now if you want the T/A look but you don't necessarily want all that baggage AND you're not going to track it anyway.....

If I were going to pull the trigger on a current Challenger, I'd do the ScatPack or R/T Shaker (with 392), delete the Shaker stripes., and then do a gloss-black vinyl wrap on the hood/roof/deck lid. Add some hood pins and maybe a racing style lower spoiler, and you have that T/A look without the high maintenance satin finish or expensive brakes (SP and R/T Shaker come with 4-piston Brembos). I'm particularly fond of the Maximum Steel color, but, by-gum, if I could lay my hands on a PCP one and do it up T/A style (purple and black), it would be awesome.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh man. That's Awesome. Just Thinking about it gets me going. I can't wait. That's not the first time I heard that about the satin paint and this discussion pretty much seals it for me. I'm going to wait and get a 19' Scat Pack 392 and do it up like a T/A. Already looked at vinyl and it's not that expensive and there are some great looking stripe packages. And you mentioned the spoiler. Those Gull Wing Spoilers look awesome. Hurry Up 2019 Models! As far as color, Depends but I'm drawn to reds...

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Oh man. That's Awesome. Just Thinking about it gets me going. I can't wait. That's not the first time I heard that about the satin paint and this discussion pretty much seals it for me. I'm going to wait and get a 19' Scat Pack 392 and do it up like a T/A. Already looked at vinyl and it's not that expensive and there are some great looking stripe packages. And you mentioned the spoiler. Those Gull Wing Spoilers look awesome. Hurry Up 2019 Models! As far as color, Depends but I'm drawn to reds...
Well Red is a double edged sword. Looks nice, looks fast, grabs attention.....including the cops. For a more mature gentleman, I'd suggest the Octane Red. It's more of a maroon, but really sparkles in the sunlight. Top it with some black wrap on the top, black wheels, it's pretty sinister looking, and you can still blend in with traffic when you want to (or need to). You can Google Octane Red T/A Challenger and see some examples.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Oops! Guess you can't edit...lol!
Yeah, no problem! Good for you! Yeah do it your way. I got mine just before my 60th too!!! I rejected the 8 yr. warranty at the table but had to come back the next week to bring more money in and get Katzkin. At that point I realized I could see myself in it at 68. And beyond...

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :) You will find a wealth of knowledge on this forum.

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,352 Posts
Hey: another SRT owner. Good for you. Welcome to an exclusive club. Hope you've been reading up on this forum concerning stuff you might want to address once you get your new baby home.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Garyahouse,... Man, reading all the threads almost makes it worse!..lolol... But I'm a patient man and good things are worth the wait. Probably going to give a month after new model release then order. By then with all the forums help it'll be just a matter of sitting down and doing it. Thanks for than welcome!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts