Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
From the Philippines to be exact. :smile:

I just finalized my payment yesterday for a 2019 R/T Scat Pack 8-speed auto in pitch black. I have always dreamed of owning a muscle car back when I was kid, a mustang. But when I was looking at the modern muscle cars, I just felt the Challenger was the only one left that evoked a feeling of the classics. It will be delivered to me tomorrow, and obviously, very excited.

This is my first muscle car and I'm not really a hardcore car enthusiast, heck, I wont be offended if I'm called a poser, hehe. But I'm glad to be here to hopefully be guided among the more experienced peeps in here.

Here shes is straight from the boat and is being cleaned at the dealership.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,495 Posts
Welcome from California ;) If you drive that beauty, you're no poser!

A Guy

·
Registered
8,352 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new ride.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Welcome from MI!! That is a beautiful car. Do you see those often in the Philippines? Poser - no. That's the real deal. Its a beast. Enjoy the heck out of it - sounds like you've earned it!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you kindly for the warm welcome. Very happy to be here and rest assured, I will be taking advantage of all the knowledge the good people here provide.

Welcome from MI!! That is a beautiful car. Do you see those often in the Philippines? Poser - no. That's the real deal. Its a beast. Enjoy the heck out of it - sounds like you've earned it!!

Id wager there would be less than 10 in our island, heck I'd even go 5. Mustangs are the popular ones here and would have gotten one if it looked like the 2014 model, the last stang I liked. As for earning it, I'd really hope so, I paid $74,000 for it. I know that's already a Redeye trim, but that's just the way it goes here with tax and hidden charges/customs. Luxury cars are priced 2x or more here. There are no drag strips or racetrack on my island so people shake their heads when they see these cars coz they don't see the point, hence the poser comment.

Anyways, took her for a spin and man, what an experience! Didn't really push her coz I'm still breaking her in, but man, what a ride. :grin2:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for the warm welcome guys. Sorry for the late reply since I was busy the last few days setting her up and taking a few short trips. Man, what a ride, truly a different experience from all of the cars I've driven before.
@Clevetown

I'd wager there are 4 or 5 Challengers in my island. The dealership just had a delivery of 3 new ones so its safe to say there's less than 10 here, hehe. The most painful thing is the price, luxury cars here are usually priced 2x or more. I paid an equivalent of $74,000 for this scat pack. For that price, you'd get a Redeye already me thinks, so yeah, I'd like to think I've earned it. :) Another thing to note is that there are no drag strips or racetracks here. We don't really have long stretches of straight roads. You can imagine most people here think its pointless to own a car like this. Add to the fact I truly am a newbie when it comes to cars, hence the poser reference. But then again, the heart wants what it wants right? Haha...

Anyways, that's why I signed up here so I can take advantage of all the knowledge in here. Please be patient with me and hope to see you in my threads everyone. :)

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
welcome & big congrats!
these cars have to be a rare sight in your part of the world. right on!!!
poser? I think not...your part of the "brotherhood of muscle" now , no posers allowed..lol

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,002 Posts
Congratulations and welcome aboard! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
9 Participants
vpzyck
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing