Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased my first Challenger. It’s a’16 with a few added options and I love this beast. Would love to hook up with other Challenger/Charger owners in the area and trade tips and tricks. I’m technologically challenged so I know some of you can give me pointers.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,728 Posts
Welcome from California ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,039 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
287 Posts
Welcome. Where in eastern Washington? I am outside Spokane.

·
Premium Member
3,645 Posts
Nice! Be sure to check out the Washington Chapter of the Dodge Demons on FB. Real cool folks! I belong to the Oregon chapter myself.

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
287 Posts
Thanks guys for the welcomes. @DionR, I’m in the Gonzaga area.
There is a Mopars Unlimited club meeting at Dishman Dodge in the service waiting room on Tuesday the 10th at 6:00. No pressure to come or join, but it might be a nice place to meet up if you wanted.

I know a fair amount about Challengers but don’t pretend to know everything. Be willing to help as best I can if you had questions.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That’s actually a good sounding idea. I’ll be there. I also want to cancel the 3rd part warranty they sold me in favor of a Dodge extended warranty. I have to get Dishman to cancel/refund me so two good reasons to be there. You have any opinions on this?

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
287 Posts
That’s actually a good sounding idea. I’ll be there. I also want to cancel the 3rd part warranty they sold me in favor of a Dodge extended warranty. I have to get Dishman to cancel/refund me so two good reasons to be there. You have any opinions on this?
As a rule, I don’t do extended warranties. I know of an SP that sat at a dealership because the extended warranty the guy bought required the dealership to put in a used transmission and last I heard the replacement and the following one were as bad as the first and they were still looking for a replacement that worked. No idea how many it took to get the car back on the road.

If you have the money and want the peace of mind, I can understand. Having a warranty has certainly made me feel better, and saved me a bunch when they had to replace my transmission last fall.

Shouldn’t you still have over a year left on the factory Powertrain warranty? My understanding is that goes with the car and shouldn’t expire until 5 years or 60,000 miles from the in service date for you. When you are there, you should be able to ask any of the service writers to look up and tell you how much of the factory powertrain warranty remains.

The cars seem pretty durable, but things can always happen. Pretty sure my transmission problem is related to it’s time at the dealership I bought it from and some abuse it potentially received then (I know I haven’t abused it). But they really are designed to be used, so I don’t worry too much about things.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts