Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, was shopping around for a Hellcat but after truly calculating how much it would cost plus insurance i decided against it and pickup a 2016 Scatpack 6MT. This car is an absolute joy to drive and super sexy to fire it up >:):clap:! I had the charger 5.7L before this... its night and day difference. I'm already looking to add some goodies... this car is addicting. Any suggestions on where to start first?

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
Welcome from the Space Coast! Check out Speedlogix (one of the site's preferred vendors) located in W. Palm Beach - It's a MOPAR candy store.

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,352 Posts
Hey guys, was shopping around for a Hellcat but after truly calculating how much it would cost plus insurance i decided against it and pickup a 2016 Scatpack 6MT. This car is an absolute joy to drive and super sexy to fire it up >:):clap:! I had the charger 5.7L before this... its night and day difference. I'm already looking to add some goodies... this car is addicting. Any suggestions on where to start first?
You said, "Where to start?"

First, why not do your intake system a favor and put a catch can on that motor? The 6.4 indeed sends a good bit of oil out of the PCV and back into the intake.

Second: not sure how you jack up your Challenger, but there's been a lot of discussion lately on this forum about this subject. Many are putting pucks and pads under the front of the car. Maybe a nice idea?

Third, brake pad dust has been a huge issue for many. Two thoughts: get some wax or ceramic coating on those wheels before the brake dust begins to eat into the paint. Many are replacing their factory pads with aftermarket ceramic pads. Seems like Stop Tech is a forum favorite. Got mine at Jegg's as their price was better than any forum recommended sources I tried. No tax, no shipping, at my door in 2 days. Unreal.

Keep an eye on that alignment. Them tires hain't cheap.

Door sill protection: maybe some 3M paint protection film?

Where at in Florida? It wasn't listed on the left side of your post.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Welcome from Chicagoland. Really like the white. GREAT platform for everything. You can see what I like.
Love the tail band on white. Especially with the black wrt wheels. Yes it IS very addicting. SOOO much fun.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,787 Posts
Welcome from California ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
863 Posts
Welcome from Deltona!
Tom.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You said, "Where to start?"

First, why not do your intake system a favor and put a catch can on that motor? The 6.4 indeed sends a good bit of oil out of the PCV and back into the intake.

Second: not sure how you jack up your Challenger, but there's been a lot of discussion lately on this forum about this subject. Many are putting pucks and pads under the front of the car. Maybe a nice idea?

Third, brake pad dust has been a huge issue for many. Two thoughts: get some wax or ceramic coating on those wheels before the brake dust begins to eat into the paint. Many are replacing their factory pads with aftermarket ceramic pads. Seems like Stop Tech is a forum favorite. Got mine at Jegg's as their price was better than any forum recommended sources I tried. No tax, no shipping, at my door in 2 days. Unreal.

Keep an eye on that alignment. Them tires hain't cheap.

Door sill protection: maybe some 3M paint protection film?

Where at in Florida? It wasn't listed on the left side of your post.

Good luck.
Thanks! Yah I'll take a look at those. Those are pretty good ideas to start. 1) any specific catch can that you suggest or have seen being used? 2) this one def surprised me but I'll look into it and see if I can do it this weekend. 3) is the brake dust that bad? I'm thinking I want to swap the front ones for bigger calipers but not 100% sure yet but I'll take a look at the pads for now. I'm in Fort Lauderdale.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Thanks! Yah I'll take a look at those. Those are pretty good ideas to start. 1) any specific catch can that you suggest or have seen being used? 2) this one def surprised me but I'll look into it and see if I can do it this weekend. 3) is the brake dust that bad? I'm thinking I want to swap the front ones for bigger calipers but not 100% sure yet but I'll take a look at the pads for now. I'm in Fort Lauderdale.
Catch cans: I'm no authority on the subject, but as I was doing my research on this, I noted that all catch cans aren't created equal. Cheaper ones were about 100, better ones were 2 to 300. Most expensive was the Arrington SEE HERE and from a lengthy research article I read about the company and their knowledge of the subject, I was impressed. My guess? They're the best. Second most expensive (at about 190) that I looked at was the one I bought from UPR SEE HERE I felt like it was the best bang for my buck. One of the things that impressed me about UPR was that they manufactured a catch can upgrade designed to be put into a Billet Technologies catch can. Here's a company that sells a product designed to improve the catch can of another company. Impressive... The Next was the Morosso SEE HERE I didn't research this one much. The last one I looked at was the BT at about 110.00 (mentioned above). SEE HERE Many on this forum have this one. Hope that helps.

Pads: Don't cost much and prevent crushing the rocker panel standing seam or mangling the paint off the unibody (frame) rail. Car has lift pads in the back from the factory. Google search this:

site:challengerforum.com jack points

Brake dust: yeah it's that bad. I have the SRT392 with the 6 piston brembos. Factory pads churn out insane amount of brake dust. The stuff is corrosive and destroys those beautiful wheels. Can't keep em clean. Just bought myself a new set of Power Stop ceramics from Jegg's (best price I could find). Getting ready to install them. Here's my research for my car below:

Front Z23-1405 SEE HERE
Rear Z23-1053 SEE HERE

Prices: Jeggs: 46.97 + 54.97 = 101.94
Amazon 58.15 + 49.80 + tax of 7.56 = 115.51
Speed Logix: 57.88 + 48.88 = 106.76 Bought Jeggs 7/26/17: delivered 2 days later.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey hey

[/FONT][/COLOR] Prices: Jeggs: 46.97 + 54.97 = 101.94
Amazon 58.15 + 49.80 + tax of 7.56 = 115.51
Speed Logix: 57.88 + 48.88 = 106.76 Bought Jeggs 7/26/17: delivered 2 days later.

Thanks man! But I think that amazon is incorrect... it's saying that it won't fit my scatpack

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
If that's the case it should be as easy as buying the rear ones twice, right?
Ya got me there. Not sure what size brakes are on the front of the Scat Pack. Thinking they're 4 piston Brembo's but I've never seen a car with the same size on the rear AND the front. But I'll defer to the forum on this one. FWIW, the Power Stop website can tell you what size is required.

Gary

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ya got me there. Not sure what size brakes are on the front of the Scat Pack. Thinking they're 4 piston Brembo's but I've never seen a car with the same size on the rear AND the front. But I'll defer to the forum on this one. FWIW, the Jegs website can tell you what size is required.

Gary
Yah, no luck on finding only the brake pad. Only see the entire kit available. I want to upgrade the brake system for the 6 piston I wonder if maybe I should wait for that.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Z23-1298 Looks like this is it for front and rear is the same as yours... how can mine be smaller and yet more expensive lol
Didn't realize you'd done the research already. Just finished looking this up. Your numbers appear to be correct to me.

Waiting: Your used rotors and pads have value and can be sold. FWIW, I read somewhere that ceramic pads don't eat rotors like factory pads do. If this is true, a pad is much cheaper than a rotor. And rotor wear matters.

Gary

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Didn't realize you'd done the research already. Just finished looking this up. Your numbers appear to be correct to me.

Waiting: Your used rotors and pads have value and can be sold. FWIW, I read somewhere that ceramic pads don't eat rotors like factory pads do. If this is true, a pad is much cheaper than a rotor. And rotor wear matters.

Gary
I'm thinking of only changing the pads and not the rotors...right?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts