Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a 15 year hiatus from Dodge, I'm back and feel at home once again in my 2017 T/A.:woot:

Looking forward to reading up on the forums. First mission, upgrade the Uconnect 5 to 8.4 if possible. Tried to save a couple dollars, was a bad mistake. After that looking into supercharging.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,352 Posts
After a 15 year hiatus from Dodge, I'm back and feel at home once again in my 2017 T/A.:woot:

Looking forward to reading up on the forums. First mission, upgrade the Uconnect 5 to 8.4 if possible. Tried to save a couple dollars, was a bad mistake. After that looking into supercharging.
I suppose you already know that if you plan to supercharge your T/A, it's resale value takes a nose dive in most markets. I'm sure you've already thought about that, but just thought I'd mention it.
Not enough power for ya?
Welcome "back" and hope you enjoy that T/A as much as I enjoy my SRT.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Welcome back fellow Hoosier !
Funny you want the 8.4 and I wished I could have deleted all that and some other BS when I ordered my SRT.
I just don't care for it and only use it for the Performance Pages, and the radio, that you cannot turn off should never have been a part of it.
Also you would think that the 8.4 would be standard equipment by now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
garyahouse

I love the T/A dearly, but gave up 500hp for this car. I looked at the 6.4 version, but fell in love with the graphite and black on mine. No I wasn't aware of the value hit with the supercharger, but I do plan to keep the T/A for quite awhile.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Welcome! Enjoy the T/A, as is, until Spring. I still get my 5.7 sideways, too often. I'm happy with 385 HP! :)

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,961 Posts
Welcome from California ;)

A Guy

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
Welcome! Enjoy the T/A, as is, until Spring. I still get my 5.7 sideways, too often. I'm happy with 385 HP! :)
A friend at work bought a R/T 5.7L Shaker 2 years ago and showed up at work a few weeks ago with a Jeep Wrangler. He said he was getting to many speeding tickets he said he just had to get something slower so now he has a lifted Jeep and has started going off-roading with the other Jeep and 4x4 truck owners at work. Here is his and my Shaker in the parking lot at work before he traded it in. I hope to have more will power and keep my Challenger on a shorter leash most of the time as I plan to keep my Scat Pack Shaker for a very long time. I even got the lifetime warranty on it when I bought it just a couple of weeks before Dodge stopped selling it on SRT powered models.

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,250 Posts
Welcome to the forum, great looking new ride.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts