Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody!

Just traded in my 2008 300C for a 2009 Hemi Orange R/T 6 speed. More or less that same car but totally different driving experience!

I had a bunch of mods that I had installed on the 300C that I removed before trading in and am currently installing/ tweaking them (aFe Stage 2 intake, Diablo Predator, Billet Catch Can, Blue Interior LEDS, etc).

The only thing I miss from the 300C is the steering wheel mounted audio controls and the EVIC, they were not factory installed on the R/T.

I've seen some posts about people that have added these afterwards but am finding conflicting information.

I would be happy to have only the steering wheel controls (EVIC would be nice if possible). From what I have read, I would need to install the 2 switches, replace the wiring harness inside the steering wheel and potentially change the SCM module (seems to depend on build date, mine was built Nov 2008) then go to a dealer and have the them add the RDZ sales code.

Has anybody successfully done this?

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Welcome and congrats on car. Some RTs do have EVIC and audio controls on steering wheel (mine does). I have a RER radio so they could use that code if you have that radio. S/S dodge (Tony) has done all kinda mods to SEs and I think one was adding EVIC and radio controls on steering wheel.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,918 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts