Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone from beautiful NC! Just got my new 2015 Challenger R/T last week. Only put 175mi on it so far, and am loving every minute of it. I've been a truck man my entire life, and just recently decided to start getting into performance cars. I came from a 07 Ram 1500 4.7, 4900lbs with about 235hp, so you can imagine how much of a change this is for me. I'd been admiring the new Challengers since they first came out years ago, so I finally decided to pull the trigger on one. I'm glad I did now, because Ive been having a blast in this car so far. Future goals for the car are to install a blower or turbo, and get her up to around 500hp, that will be plenty enough to satisfy me in a daily driven street car. Hope to get to spend some more time here getting up to speed with everything, meeting some people, and learning more about what all can be done to my new ride. :cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
689 Posts
Welcome from Central VA! :thumbsup:

·
Vendor
1,577 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum! Congrats on your purchase - you have a beautiful Challenger and I'm sure it will be getting only better with all the mods you've planned on it. A lot of good info here regarding mods in case you are thinking of doing any. Check out some of the garages and you may get some ideas. Good luck and keep us posted!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Welcome! Nice Challenger!

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT 392
484 Posts
Welcome from Texas!

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
899 Posts
Welcome from Pinehurst, NC. I would recommend, if you haven't already, taking a ride on HWY 731 from Mt. Gilead to Candor. It's a nice stretch. Also, up in the top section of the Uwharrie there are some great curvy roads.

Signing off from somewhere in the Universe...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Welcome from Florida.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the welcome guys. I really am loving this 15 RT so far, and I still haven't really gotten to get into it yet. Still in the break in period @ 253mi, so I've just been doing some spirited driving on back roads. I've read that the computer holds back a good bit of power until you hit 3750 miles, to ensure a proper break in. So I've got a lot of driving to do before I even get to see the full power of the hemi. I'll be saving for that supercharger in the meantime. The car gets a lot of looks, waves, and thumbs up though. I'm loving it. Probably gonna take a ride up to Boone this weekend with my girlfriend, and drive the snake, just to get some miles on her.

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
899 Posts
I was just up in that area this last weekend with the family. Unfortunately not with the Challenger as my cousins were visiting from Germany so we had to take the Aspen. Are you talking about the diamond back(226A?) at Little Switzerland. I've been wanting to hit that for a while now. I intentionally got off the BRP at that exit so I could take HWY 226 and get a feel for the area. The wifey suggested staying at the Inn in little Switzerland when we go, since we found a pamphlet on it and it looks really nice. Kind of reminds us of our time in Germany.

Anyhow, if you make it there have fun and be safe.....

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
hello from Wilson, NC

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
-

Thanks for all the welcome! Great to see so many NC members here.

I was just up in that area this last weekend with the family. Unfortunately not with the Challenger as my cousins were visiting from Germany so we had to take the Aspen. Are you talking about the diamond back(226A?) at Little Switzerland. I've been wanting to hit that for a while now. I intentionally got off the BRP at that exit so I could take HWY 226 and get a feel for the area. The wifey suggested staying at the Inn in little Switzerland when we go, since we found a pamphlet on it and it looks really nice. Kind of reminds us of our time in Germany.

Anyhow, if you make it there have fun and be safe.....

Yes HWY 226, the diamond back. Love that area. I will try to stop somewhere on the way and get some pics of the challenger with some gorgeous mountain scenery behind it.

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
899 Posts
Awesome. Looking forward to seeing the photos. I believe we are gonna head that way again in Oct now so I can drive the Challenger there and we can enjoy the foliage change. This could be an opportunity to have a Challenger Cruise if others across the state were interested.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Congratulations and welcome aboard! :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts