Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I just got my Challenger RT last week. It's an 09 Hemi Orange with black leather interior. Not a lot of options, just heated seats and Sirius on the radio. I've had Mustangs in the past, an 03 GT, and an 03 Mach 1, but I've always wanted a Challenger since I first saw the concept car pics in the magazines. So, I finally started looking, and found this one on Columbus Craigslist with 7000 miles. I called him to see if it was a misprint, but it was actual miles. Bought it the next day.

Yesterday, I put new tires on it. The originals had plenty of tread left, but the sidewalls were were cracked from being 9 years old. I ordered the Mopar/Borla catback exhaust today. Vendor on eBay has the $1500 exhaust for $399 if anyone else is looking for one, he had several more.

Original owner had ordered it without stripes, so that's my next upgrade. Thinking the Cuda half strobe on the sides, and the factory T stripe on the hood.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Ohioan. What part of the state do you live in? Congrats on the new ride!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome from a fellow Ohioan. What part of the state do you live in? Congrats on the new ride!
Dayton area. I heard there is Miami Valley Mopar Club in the area, but i'm not on Facebook. Seems to be rather large group.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,987 Posts
Welcome from California ;)

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Welcome from Hellinois! Great find. Make sure your factory recalls have been taken care of.
Good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome from Hellinois! Great find. Make sure your factory recalls have been taken care of.
Good luck!
He did tell me the timing chain recall was done. Any other big ones to know about? I just did the #2 fuse pull/reset, and it did wake it up! Can't wait to get the Mopar exhaust on it.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
He did tell me the timing chain recall was done. Any other big ones to know about? I just did the #2 fuse pull/reset, and it did wake it up! Can't wait to get the Mopar exhaust on it.
That was the one I was thinking of. Alternator and water pump seem to come to mind but others know.
Yes that exhaust will make it a whole new car..... again. Where's Nuke?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Dayton area. I heard there is Miami Valley Mopar Club in the area, but i'm not on Facebook. Seems to be rather large group.
I'm about an hour north of you. I've not heard of the Miami Valley club, but AMMO (All Modern Mopars of Ohio) is statewide and a pretty active club.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I know it's very short notice, but if any Ohioans are bored this evening we've got our local cruise in at Fort Recovery, OH (45846) from 6-9 PM. We usually get 150 ish vehicles and it's on the an old street. Come on down and enjoy.

Merchants' Cruise-In in Fort Recovery - Facebook

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hey is this a on going show??
Like every third weekend kinda thing??[/QUOTE

Unfortunately it is not. They have one in the spring and one in the fall. We had 180-190 cars show up Friday night.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts