Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New 2017 Scat Pak Shaker Owner in Granite Pearle Metallic, also 1st Manual in about 20 years for me any tips or pointers on shifting the 392 would be greatly appreciated, the clutch is alot smoother than the 1991 mustang gt. I learned on back in the day(limited experience), couldn't do another chrysler auto after my 2000 Dakota R/T. although I've Heard Great things about the ZF & TQ 8sp Autos.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,694 Posts
Welcome from California. Post some pictures when you are able ;)

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
New 2017 Scat Pak Shaker Owner in Granite Pearle Metallic, also 1st Manual in about 20 years for me any tips or pointers on shifting the 392 would be greatly appreciated, the clutch is alot smoother than the 1991 mustang gt. I learned on back in the day(limited experience), couldn't do another chrysler auto after my 2000 Dakota R/T. although I've Heard Great things about the ZF & TQ 8sp Autos.
Recommend to look at installing a Skip Shift Eliminator - they go for about $18 - 20 and plugs into the harness.

The skip-shift function will kick in 19 - 21mph with light throttle when you try to shift from 1st > 2nd.
Instead you get forced to shift to 4th at < 25mph.

Its mostly if you're driving in slow traffic and then going for a shift and it will catch you off guard.

Here's one our supporting vendors sells:

Speedlogix Skip Shift Eliminator 09-17 Challenger (6-Speed)

Reactions: Speedlogix

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,694 Posts

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,042 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Vendor
5,687 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the Scat Pack!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks! everyone for all the congrats and welcomes I've received I highly appreciate it. I had an older account(tviper7) from a ways back that I think has been deactivated, due to non use. Tried to reach out to the admin, in hopes of reactivating so i can post some pics. but nothing so far If I don't hear back soon, I'll link to them from this thread.

Only Mod I'm lookin into Right now or HIDs,(the skip shift eliminator sounds interesting tho) I've heard there alot of issues trying to retrofit non-oem HIDs to a challenger 2015+ are there any LEDs that currently put out comparable lumens to the factory set?

·
Registered
2013 Core
821 Posts
Somewhere around here is a thread on removing the clutch delay valve. You'll want to read it.

Welcome to the forum.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts