Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger R/T, 6 Speed
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Thought I'd say hi. Just picked this up last week (I know about the shipping protectors for the splitters, they are coming off). 2020 R/T, 6 speed, STP (I think all the R/T's might be now though). Only option is sat radio. Price was right ($30.5k otd) and I've always liked them so I jumped. First oil change (wasn't sure if factory fill was dino or synthetic so I changed it at 500 miles) today, used the SRT filter. HID's yesterday. Hellcat airbox/scoop/afe filter, oil catch can both done today. Barton shifter going on as soon as daylight comes. Katskin upholstery in the future.
I do track days (car and bike) so a set of stiffer swaybars, sticky tires and some stuff brake wise is in the cue.

Been learning a lot from you all so thank you.

I'm an over the road truck driver so driving is a pretty important thing to me and I'm pretty happy with her right now.

20200321_182606.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,728 Posts
Welcome from California ;) Congrats

A Guy

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,039 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Super Moderator
15,088 Posts
Welcome - I had the fortune to get both of my Challengers in Oregon while I lived there = no sales tax, which added up to a big savings.

Now here in North Carolina - better weather and a much longer season for car shows. (Once things are back to usual, given what's going on now) 😐

weather is nice, the trees are starting to leaf...etc

·
Registered
44 Posts
Welcome from Rhode Island.

·
Premium Member
3,645 Posts
Welcome from Portland OR! Look up the Oregon Chapter of the Challenger Demons on FB. Not a club, just a local group.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Welcome from SE Portland! Sounds like you’re going straight in with some mods. I went a similar route with almost a bare bones ‘13 RT except for 20’s and stripes. Been modding here up the way I like it since the first month. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Whats wrong with keeping the shipping protectors on your splitter. I don't plan on taking mine off. Breaks it up a bit.

20200328_104307.jpg

·
Super Moderator
15,088 Posts
Whats wrong with keeping the shipping protectors on your splitter. I don't plan on taking mine off. Breaks it up a bit.
you'll have grit from driving around and more so in the rain - it will mar the spoiler and you start to see a grayish color line around the protectors where they meet the black spoiler

then, if you decide to remove the shipping guards - you'll have an outline of what was there.

it will save you hundreds of $$$ by not having to replace the spoiler if that happens - you have to remove the front fascia (bumper cover) to change out a front spoiler / splitter - FYI

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,728 Posts
Since you asked...Beautiful black car...ugly yellow plastic shipping, protection only pieces. As much as I am all for whatever floats your boat, this is the hardest one for me to understand. Not only a few, but many like this...

A Guy

·
Registered
344 Posts
Nothing's really wrong with it anymore than many other decisions people do to make their car their own, though the OP stated that they like to do track days, and those shipping guards aren't designed to stay on the car during high speed track days. They're designed for easy removal before delivery. Will they make it through a track day intact, maybe, but to have one of those things come flying off at 130 MPH could make for some unhappy fellow drivers...

·
Registered
344 Posts
As much as I am all for whatever floats your boat, this is the hardest one for me to understand. Not only a few, but many like this...

A Guy
For me it's PlastiDip, never could understand it, at best it's a 20 foot mod, but the shipping protectors rate right in there with leaving the plastic bags on the seats.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts