Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:canada:

Hey everyone ... glad to be here! My name is Terry and I'm a "soon-to-be" 2014 Challenger R/T Classic owner.

I hope! What an absolutely frustrating few weeks it has been.:cursin:

I guess I should explain how I got to this point ... I need to start-off by mentioning that I just graduated this past April from Business School with a Business Admin. diploma, I have embarked on a new career as a Financial Analyst, my 43rd birthday is this coming July, AND I'm getting married in August! :woot:

And to celebrate ALL of these great events happening in my life this year, I wanted to treat myself and buy my dream car ... a 2013 Dodge Challenger.

Sounds simple (and awesome!) enough, right?

Wrong! :ugh: After 2 weeks of working with the Dodge dealership here in Regina, SK trying to find a car in Western Canada that came close to what I was looking for (R/T Classic in Plum Crazy Purple with the right option packages) it became clear that it wasn't going to happen, so factory-order it would have to be! The sales manager checked with the factory to see if the order-window was still open and got a green light. I was literally shaking I was so excited!

"4 to 6 weeks.", they said.
"Ok, great", I said.
"$1000 deposit?", they said.
"No problem!", I said.

And so signed the papers, paid the lady and I started counting the hours and began pouring thru posts here at ChallengerTalk.com.

It's been a week, and I've heard nothing about my new R/T Classic. Zero. Ziltch. So I figure, I'll just swing by today and see what's happening.

"We missed the order-window.", they said.
"But, you said it was all good ... ?", I said
"Looks like it'll have to be a 2014." they said.
"Can't you ... do anything?", I said.
"Nope.", they said.
"What about the $2500 rebate, surely I can still get that?", I said
"Nope.", they said.
"Oh. Can I start building a 2014 today then and get one ordered right away?"
"Nope. Computer has no info on the 2014's ... blank screen.", they said.
"Then ... I won' have my dream car in time for my birthday or my wedding? Maybe not even until Spring?",
"We'll let you know when things open up again."

No apology, nothing! :cursin: I'm $1000 out because of the order deposit, and down $2500 due to the disappearing rebate. I had taken the info ResumeSpeed put up regarding the new 2014's and I waited for about 20 minutes before the sales manager would acknowledge me. The sales manager looked at it, and said "This is nonsense. Dodge will let the dealerships know first when info is available. Be patient."

Then I started to get frustrated. I told the sales manager I was not happy .. at all. I gave them $1000 for essentially a promise. And I've gotten zero communication, zero answers and zero respect in return. I wasn't leaving until I got all three.

Well, an hour and a half and a noticeable shift in attitude, I did leave with acceptable communication, reasonable answers and a great deal of respect, I think.

So now I'm back at Square One ... I still don't have a Challenger R/T Classic in Plum Crazy Purple ... but I did walk away with a $2500 discount on my new car (we''l see if this actually happens), a promise for more timely updates and a free custom striping package. :SM127: Not bad for an old longhair, eh?

Oh, and I also got a print-out of the 2014 Challenger dealer brochure ... where can I post it for everyone to see?

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,041 Posts
Welcome, I hope things work out for you in the end and you get your dream car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That would be a wonderful idea, SRT Wasp, however the dealership in town doesn't have any in stock ... just a single 2010 Tor Red SRT8 that's in the body shop for a customer.

:ugh:

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
That would be a wonderful idea, SRT Wasp, however the dealership in town doesn't have any in stock ... just a single 2010 Tor Red SRT8 that's in the body shop for a customer.

:ugh:
LOL I remember the saying "one horse town" - are you saying you are in a "one dealership town"? Wouldn't surprise me though after the bankruptcy where many dealerships closed their doors.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Sadly enough, yeah. Regina only has the one Dodge dealership ...

EDIT - Sorry, I made a mistake, the one they have at the dealership is a Plum Crazy Purple, not a Tor Red. Oops.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Still freakin' out a bit ...

... so on whim, I just decided to call the dealership back and ask my original sales guy (Garth, a super nice fella) if there were ANY 2013 Plum Crazy Purple R/T Classics even close to the build I originally wanted ANYWHERE in Canada.

I really hope he comes up with something ... I can't begin to tell you how much it sucks having your dream car on order, then get told a week later that your order didn't go thru, and that you have to wait for the new 2014's ... which they can't order yet, and have no idea when. :mecry:

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Hi there Metal Demon! Good to see more Challenger owners in Saskatchewan! I'm in Prince Albert. Good luck getting the car you want. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Welcome from Alberta. Sherwood Dodge in Edmonton has a white 2013 SRT and and a black 2013 SRT. GreatvWest Dodge on the west side of Edmonton has a plum crazy purple SRT. I got mine from Sherwood and highly recommend them. PM me if you want more info about the Edmonton dealers.

·
Registered
2012 R/T Classic
769 Posts
Greetings from Saskatoon ... hope all your Plum Crazy dreams come true. But .......

Dodge City here in S'toon has a leftover 2012 triple black R/T-C ... and a slightly used black with white stripe 2012 R/T-C that you may be able to get a sweet deal on. Just sayin.

·
Registered
281 Posts
... so on whim, I just decided to call the dealership back and ask my original sales guy (Garth, a super nice fella) if there were ANY 2013 Plum Crazy Purple R/T Classics even close to the build I originally wanted ANYWHERE in Canada.

I really hope he comes up with something ... I can't begin to tell you how much it sucks having your dream car on order, then get told a week later that your order didn't go thru, and that you have to wait for the new 2014's ... which they can't order yet, and have no idea when. :mecry:
Welcome from Michigan. Sorry about the trouble you're having. Did you do a dealer inventory search yourself? I still see quite a few out there although sometimes they have been sold and not removed from their website its still a good idea to search yourself as some dealers are less willing to do it for you. I just looked at Ed Tomko Dodge in Ohio and they had a bunch of them. A dealer just a few miles from me has a plum crazy classic auto, sunroof, SGII that I looked at before ordering mine. An added plus if you find one somewhere else is that you get to take it on a road trip immediately!
Best of luck, hope you find your dream car!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Thanks for the heads-up, fellas!

I really want a Plum Crazy R/T Classic with a options close to my original build, and last night my sales-guy called to let me know that there is one in Red Deer, AB that is almost identical ... the only thing missing is the Super Track Pak , but I think I can live without it (or is it essential for an R/T?) :ugh:

I let him know I was definitely interested, so I hope the dealerships can work out a arrangement to get it here to Saskatchewan for me. Otherwise I might be heading to Red Deer this weekend.

Cross your fingers for me ... today might be the day!

EDIT - how does a guy do a comprehensive inventory search anyway?

·
Registered
281 Posts

Thanks for the heads-up, fellas!

I really want a Plum Crazy R/T Classic with a options close to my original build, and last night my sales-guy called to let me know that there is one in Red Deer, AB that is almost identical ... the only thing missing is the Super Track Pak , but I think I can live without it (or is it essential for an R/T?) :ugh:

I let him know I was definitely interested, so I hope the dealerships can work out a arrangement to get it here to Saskatchewan for me. Otherwise I might be heading to Red Deer this weekend.

Cross your fingers for me ... today might be the day!

EDIT - how does a guy do a comprehensive inventory search anyway?
I think the STP is one option I would really try to find, better handling and a little lower stance.
Just go to the Dodge website and build the car you want and do a search, Its easy as the site helps you along. Problem is I think they may have switched over to 14MY already. If that's the case then just go to " locate a dealer " and search as far out as you want ( I went over a 1000 miles ). Each dealer will have an inventory of new cars on the lot and any they may have in transit. Many around here actually take pictures of the car and post it with the actual window sticker from the car. Its a good tool and is easy to use. What I don't know is if the dealers up where you live do it. Check out Ed Tomko Dodge's website, last time I looked they had somewhere around 50 challengers listed. I know it may be too far for you but it would be a good way to see how the website works.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks, OxBear! I'll definitely try that out ... I thought that website function would only search in your immediate area, didn't realize that you could "widen the net", so to speak. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts