Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I've been lurking the forums for a couple years now, and especially the last couple of weeks when I signed up, so I'm pretty excited to make this post.

I basically grew up with Mopar. I learned how to drive on my dad's SRT-4 and my first car was my grandmother's 1990 Caravan 2.5T that HE learned on. Say what you want, but that was probably the most badass minivan ever made. Unfortunately, we sold it about 5 years ago when I moved out of the country. I got back in February of this year and bought a Rebuilt 2015 Dart Aero for dirt cheap and it's a great commuter.

All that aside, and the reason we're all here: I've been drooling over the Challenger since the 2012 SRT-8 Yellow Jacket came out. I originally fell in love with its opposite, the Charger Super Bee, and all of its old-school aesthetic, but the Challenger's classic body style won me over hands down. Since then, I've been watching and waiting for the right time to pull the trigger on the right model.

Today, I finally drove it home. This is my 2017 T/A 392 and this thing kicks ASS. As much as I would have loved a Hellcat or Demon (as we all would), I had to be a bit more realistic on payments and insurance. The T/A is every bit as old-school cool as those Yellow Jackets were the first time I saw them and I couldn't be happier with it.

It's gonna take a lot of restraint on my part, but I eventually want to forge and supercharge it. I hope to get it on the strip next year and have some real fun with her, but for now, I'll have to control myself through the break-in period. I can't wait to see and feel everything this monster is capable of and I look forward to hearing from all of you guys here on the forum!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,959 Posts
Welcome from California ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome from South Florida, congrats on the beautiful new ride! Awesome color choice, we look forward to hearing how it handles at the strip. Do you plan on adding any mods?

- Alexis
Thanks! So far I've just ordered the T/A cover and black Mopar hood pins since they didn't come with the build. The pins should've been T/A standard in my opinion. After that, I think I'm going to start with a catch can and Barton with pistol grip. Like I said, I'm trying to wait until I put some miles on it (and do some more research), but I'm thinking about stroking to a 426, or just forging, and getting a Whipple.

·
Premium Member
10,329 Posts
Thanks! So far I've just ordered the T/A cover and black Mopar hood pins since they didn't come with the build. The pins should've been T/A standard in my opinion. After that, I think I'm going to start with a catch can and Barton with pistol grip. Like I said, I'm trying to wait until I put some miles on it (and do some more research), but I'm thinking about stroking to a 426, or just forging, and getting a Whipple.
Awesome, the black hood pins will look great.

Barton makes an excellent product, I have their shifter and a Speedlogix "S" mount can on my 392. Sounds like you have a great list of future mods, if we can help answer any questions let us know.

- Alexis

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Congratulations and welcome aboard! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts