Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Hello , just bought a scatpack widebody ( want specs from vin number )

7K views 38 replies 6 participants last post by  KWSPWB 
#1 · (Edited)
How is everyone doing

hello from kuwait , skip the underlined if you dont like reading stories.

After 2 years of visiting the dealership on monthly bases prolly over 20 times in total.

i finally pulled the trigger even though i never eventually got the color i wanted.

i got a 2020 scatpack wb challenger in granite crystal ,“ it took me this long because i wanted go mango of any blue”

i actually also wanted a wb charger not challenger.

but all they got in widebody is challengers and they only have black , white , granite.

cant have black here because we get the amount of dust you get in the us in one year , not kidding at all.

but im happy after all that i bought one , i waited 2 years , thought i might find what i want or change my mind. But i always wanted a scatpack.

i can get a used hellcat but its 45c degrees and over here 80% of the year... so i know that will **** up the experience.

and that was my story.

anyways i made this thread because i have been reading this forum daily for 2 years.

i want to know where can i find the guy who can provide me with the full specs my car was ordered inby giving him the vin number

i came across at least 5 threads that had a guy who i think works for mopar that get all your car specs it was ordered in if you give
Him the vin number.

i want to know what specs my car have.

Even the guys in the dealership dont know.... we only have 1 small one in the whole country. And they dont know for example what leather wrapped dash board is.

They dont know what is plus package or else , you know? You prolly dont 😂

they only know its a v8 widebody challenger , they even thought its a 6.2 today and i had to correct them even though it says 6.4 on the computer 😂

anyways where can i find this guy so i can give him my vin number and find out what my car has? Even i dont know and cant find out , only thing i know it has blind spot sensor.

and what do you guys think of granite crystal?

• Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
I'll bet you don't see a lot of Challengers in Kuwait - much less a wide body.

I couldn't see black as popular, both for the dust storms and the heat.

the dealers are going with the 'basic' colors black / white / gray / charcoal - bright colors can turn off some buyers.

the 2020 with the Plus group (alcantara / leather) get wrapped & stitched dashboard and door panels as part of that package

since you you have the blind spot detection that means you have the Driver Convenience Package:
HID headlights
Blind Spot / Cross Path Detection
the WB comes with the ADS suspension (different shock settings), the 6 piston brakes

about the only additional equipment would be:
Audio sytem (two options above base)
Navigation
Technology Pkg (this is Adaptive Cruise and a couple of other items)
Sunroof
Alcantara headliner / Carbon Fiber bezel package

presuming yours is automatic (optional) as manual transmission is standard equipment

Granite Crystal will be similar to the gray metallics you'd see on most other makes

#3 ·
Reactions: F8HemiRT
#6 ·
I will receive the vin number tomorrow morning , how ever this link says no records for the vin provided even though you said it has your vin. Does it show you anything? Or is this just a random vin? Thanks man

#4 ·
Welcome from California ;) You can get your Build Sheet and Window Sticker here

The One of... config tree is PLMCRZY

Config Trees are $25 suggested donation. eMail and Paypal - PLMCRZY@usa.net - Please include your VIN8 in the payment comments

A Guy

Reactions: GSBrockman
#5 · (Edited)
the 2020 with the Plus group (alcantara / leather) get wrapped & stitched dashboard and door panels as part of that package
Thanks everyone for the replies , much appreciated ...

Ya you dont see anything beside v6 challengers ... some rt’s which i can count by hand and a few hellcats ...
i have never seen a widebody yet.

but mustangs and vettes on the hand...you cant even count

i spent these 2 years wanting a manual ... but that would make it a weekend car because 90% of traffic here is stop n go and even on the highway its only 5 mins ... i really still want one now still but i wont be able to drive it everyday which is what i want ... i know its a million times more fun but driving a manual in kuwait takes the fun out of it and makes it a nightmare.

i have alcentara seats with the red in the middle ... i wish there was black but ya...

i wish , i really wish it comes with stitched dash as you say ... it should come with it right, if you say They are in the same option... Because on the dodge website i see that you can have alcentara seats but leather wrapped dash is a separate option ... so it could be just alcentara but no leather wrapped dash ? Or am i mistaken ?

I hope i get the options you said .

but the dealer here can do some shady stuff just to save money , i mean they have to get the car from dodge in the us but they will go to the length of having options that are not in the us just to save money , i just wish i get what you said because thats what i want.

anyone here who works for dodge can confirm that over seas dodge dealers can get options other than the ones you get in the us? I mean as in separating things from packages. Because i know it happens in nissan and toyota dealers.

The only thing that didnt go my way is the color ... go mango , but oh well ... i waited 2 years and thats enough , i want to rip some tires

I will see the car first of next week and get the vin number ( i think ill get it tomorrow) , and hopefully be in my possession in 2 weeks max as they say and then ill post pictures! ... thanks a lot again!

I know i wrote alot but its a forum anyways ;)

Edit2 : on the dodge website there is alpine and hk sound systems ... if you didnt choose any of them ... what sound system will you get? What is it called?

Edit: also did anyone ever go for the suede headliner option?
i would like to see some pictures of it ... i googled but i cant tell aftermarket from factory , any pics would Be appreciated.

#8 ·
to get Alcantara / leather trim seats, it requires the Plus Package - on a '20 that includes the wrapped & stitched dash and door panels.

The Ruby Red / black interior option will give contrast against the Granite paint. That will be more unique that Granit with all black interior.

I've attached an image of the Ruby Red / black Scat Pack Alcantara interior
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Car seat Car seat cover

#9 · (Edited)
Again i cant thank you enough , i know what you are saying about the package man ... i wish i get the leather wrapped , tommorow everything will be clear ... its just that there one dealership in the country , and you know how greedy those corporates are ... they can and prolly will make deals with the US dodge main company and get different things just so they both save money....i mean do you know how much i paid for this car? 60k$ exactly ... i saw a hellcat today in the show room and it was 107k$ ... regular hellcat ...all will be clear tommorow ✌ I had ws6 ta 10 years ago which i left in the US when i was studying there , dont ask why , didnt even get the chance to sell it , i just left the car in the parking spot...and was out of the us , worst mistake in my life , nothing i couldve done about it though... I was on ls1 tech forums and without it i wouldve burned the car lol , i hope this forum will be to my scat pack what ls1 tech was to the ta ....i just want that american V8 fun again lol, leaving tire marks behind with a small push of a pedal lol ... appreciate all the replies guys

#10 ·
My car is still being built which is why it doesn't show anything yet. Here's a link with a different Challenger that's been built to show you what you'll see once you have your own VIN to put in. You can also put in any VIN from a Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep product. I tried it with my old 1993 Dodge Ram and it even displays all the info from that.

https://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=2C3CDZFJ5LH110522
gotcha ,so this car doesnt have leather wrapped dashboard and it has cloth seats correct? Patientlly waiting for tommorow man , waiting!

#11 ·
Yes. At least you only have to wait a day! In the meantime, here's a Granite WBSP I found that'll probably make the waiting tougher lol. Here's the link to the car on the dealer site and then the build sheet too so that you can compare what you see on the sheet with what you can see on the actual car

Reactions: A Guy
#13 · (Edited)
if your VIN has LHxxxxxx - its a 2020 (L) a 2019 would be KH.

an example would be 2C3CDZFJxLHxxxxxx

CDZF denotes a Scat Pack model
the letter J is 392 / 6.4 L engine

the lower case x are place holders for the numbers that are unique to the sequential VIN of that vehicle

since 2018 the Plus Package is required to have the Alcantara / leather seats.

the 2020 have the stitched dash / door panels as part of the Plus Package. the only seats available in a Scat Pack with Plus Package are Alcantara / leather. You can't get one without the other.

If its a 2019 again its Plus Package to get Alcantara / leather seats - but the stitched dash & door panels wasn't availble yet.

In a Scat Pack if you don't spec the Plus Package - you get the houndstooth cloth seats - only available in black.

The standard audio is Alpine 276w with 6 speakers
Optional:
Alpine Audio Group 9 speakers plus subwoofer - 506w
Harmon Kardon Audio Group 18 speakers (uses 3 way/ 2way speakers) and dual subs - 900w

Yes - the prices of buying an imported vehicle. That's why as you said mainly see V6 models - price isn't as high.

It similar for buyers in other countries UK, New Zealand, Australia, Japan - prices are higher and the currency conversion as well. In several of those countries it also requires conversion to RHD layout

Other countries also have fees based on size of the engine.

#14 ·
if your VIN has LHxxxxxx - its a 2020 (L) a 2019 would be KH.

an example would be 2C3CDZFJxLHxxxxxx

CDZF denotes a Scat Pack model
the letter J is 392 / 6.4 L engine

the lower case x are place holders for the numbers that are unique to the sequential VIN of that vehicle

since 2018 the Plus Package is required to have the Alcantara / leather seats.

the 2020 have the stitched dash / door panels as part of the Plus Package. the only seats available in a Scat Pack with Plus Package are Alcantara / leather. You can't get one without the other.

If its a 2019 again its Plus Package to get Alcantara / leather seats - but the stitched dash & door panels wasn't availble yet.

In a Scat Pack if you don't spec the Plus Package - you get the houndstooth cloth seats - only available in black.
i hope its this way! Its a 2020 for sure ...and it has alcantara seats , so hopefully with the stitched dash ! man thanks for all the info , didnt expect to learn this much from this thread ... man these are gonna be a long 2 weeks to get the car lol ... i will also post the vin here incase i miss anything. Cant thank you all enough

#15 ·
if it hasn't been built yet - once the vehicle is built and released (ready to go) after inspection, then the window sticker and the Vehicle Equipment Build (another thread was posted) is available.

Then it has to get shipped to Kuwait - which is dependent on that shipper and how long the voyage takes which can be a couple of weeks or more, depending on how many ports it loads / unloads vehicles along the way.

#16 · (Edited)
Vehicle Equipment Build (another thread was posted) is available.
Im not sure what do you mean by vehicle equipment build and if it will help me once i get the vin number.

it is here in kuwait and i will receive the vin tommorow , and i will hopefully see it next week.

i wanted to order a b5 blue manual challenger a year ago ... from build time in the us and for it to reach kuwait through the dealership is 6 months ... that was a year ago , and much more expensive more than it already is ... this one is already here in kuwait , ill be able to see the vehicle sunday or Monday hopefully and have it in my possession in 2 weeks or maybe 3 depending on the mess now caused by covid19 , and for a vehicle to be here will take months and months since the country is slowly coming back to life , i wanted to order or wait more for the right color but everything is off for the moment due to covid19 ... last week was full curfew 24/7 and lasted about 20 days and before that 16 hours ... only the police and drs were allowed to leave the house ... the whole country stopped , letterally, evey job ... now its from 6am to6pm just for work then home.... id be very lucky to have it in 2 weeks , maybe a month if things are bad .... but it is here in kuwait

#21 ·
Depends on packages and years

A Guy

#22 · (Edited)
2C3CDZFJ0LH120858

not showing anything ... i asked him why and he said because we have to contact dodge in the us and say its was selled before they put it in , anyone can help? I want to know what im getting before i pay and they dont know mich since they deal with hundreds of cars since they are jeep chrysler fiat dodge etc dealership

edit : the Aguy link worked ... shows how much they know **** at the dealership ... can anyone look and tell me if there is anything fishy or weird that is not soppused to be there? Or is missing?

also could anyone tell me why the Aguy link works and the other doesnt?

i dont trust the dealership word at all

based on what i see , all is there except that i have the regular audio system with no updgrades at all.Am i missing somthing?

and sucks what u guys said about stangs and camaros ... even stock by stock i might win?Damn ... thought its a sure win for sure ... cant mod anything to warranty , nothing at all ... laws arnt as flexible as the us , but i bet it would still be fun :D

#23 ·
Smoker's Group is a new one for me :) Tool Kit, Fire Extinguisher, Reflecting Triangle ...all export items I'm sure. I see nothing untoward in the list that couldn't be explained by it's export nature

A Guy

#24 ·
Thanks for all the help man , you have no idea how muchbi appreciate it ... no backing down for me now , hopefully within 3 weeks max ill have the car and be in the club :D ... this thread made me finalize everything , but just feeling a bet down that even a mustang gt will have a chance in the street lol

#25 ·
Your car will be bad ass, the specs and packages. Stitched leather dash, flat bottom steering wheel. No worries, you'll love it (y)

A Guy

#26 ·
Your car will be bad ass, the specs and packages. Stitched leather dash, flat bottom steering wheel. No worries, you'll love it (y)

A Guy
thanks man , Im counting minutes tell i get it ... just curious, i searched the forum and many others , but i think in america you guys only use 3m or xpel to protect your car from rock chips or paint damage ... any of you ever heard of ceramic nano tech? Thats all we have here And thats what i will use to protect the car, well i wanted to cover only the fenders and areas around it due to the all the rocks , but the deal to cover the whole car and not only certain areas is pretty sweet so ill cover the whole car , i swear if you guys have rock chips problems , multiply the amount of rocks by 10 over here, letterally by 10 lol ... anyways anyone has any experience with ceramic nano tech? I did some Searching and only Europeans forums and countries use it ... does it bond to the car and its there forever?Well that reduce the paint quality over time? Im planning to keep the car for life hopefully , i mean when you guys cover the whole car with 3m or xpel ... does it stay forever and bonds to the paint? Or say after 3 years you can pull it off like pull window tint ? any insight will be appreciated.

#27 ·
you'll want paint protection film - do the nose / front facia, front AND rear fender flares and probably the mirrors.

I have friends with Wide Body models - if your roads have sand / grit - the front tires kick up a cloud of this and it will pit the rear fender flares paint.

I have a couple of friends here that discovered driving in rain or on roads that had sand or dried salt (mountains) that they had pitting in the paint.

a ceramic coating won't protect the paint from chipping /pitting from impacts.

#28 · (Edited)
Man ... the guy im talking too wont be convinced because ive been reading the forums for a year , he insists that ceramic coating will protect against rocks chipping/pitting ... he even said he had a car coated and it got in accident right after it went out and its was dented but the paint didnt get effected at all ... so ill need 3m or xpel to protect against chipping? Nthng else will do?

Edit: the nano ceramic im talking about is not a liquid its a “Film i think in english “ sheet “ PPF” if you know what i mean... does that protect against the rocks or what?

#29 ·
There are many brands of PPF, just searching what you wrote brings up a few it can be. It may be available here, it's more a matter of what came first, and what works best. Just like there are a ton of ceramic coatings now, seems like everyone makes one, but only a couple were the first.

Hopefully the film will work well, and not yellow, etc. It's not permanent, usually up to ten years, but needs to be removed before it becomes too hard to get off.

A Guy

#31 ·
Granite Crystal is one of my favorite colors! We can't wait to see pictures of your new WB Scat Pack.

- Alexis
There are many brands of PPF, just searching what you wrote brings up a few it can be. It may be available here, it's more a matter of what came first, and what works best. Just like there are a ton of ceramic coatings now, seems like everyone makes one, but only a couple were the first.

Hopefully the film will work well, and not yellow, etc. It's not permanent, usually up to ten years, but needs to be removed before it becomes too hard to get off.

A Guy
Guess this is the last questions here lol

how many years is recommended? Before it sticks and ruins the paint ?

Itll cost me 1600$ including windows tint , so i want to keep it at least 4 5 years or is that too much ? All i care about is the paint not getting ruind , and keep in mind its around 110f degrees daily here most of the year if that matters.

Well diff post pics once i get it!

#32 ·

5-10 years would be the range

One of the best attributes of PPF is its ability to hold up against heat. But, too much exposure to direct sunlight will decrease lifespan. It’s also important to understand that PPF is not bulletproof. If it’s continually exposed to debris, blowing sand, bird droppings or other damaging materials, it can wear thin.

A Guy

#33 ·

5-10 years would be the range

One of the best attributes of PPF is its ability to hold up against heat. But, too much exposure to direct sunlight will decrease lifespan. It’s also important to understand that PPF is not bulletproof. If it’s continually exposed to debris, blowing sand, bird droppings or other damaging materials, it can wear thin.

A Guy
I was watching a movie called carjacking on netflix and i stopped and spent half an hour reading the articles you sent.

I concluded from them that i need a ceramic coating after the ppf for the best results.

so i called my guy and he said that the ppf he uses comes with a ceramic coating built in it so there is no need. And he also said that other places indeed put a ceramic coating after the ppf.

Is he bullshitting me? Is there such a thing or is possible that a pff has ceramic coating layer on it?

All he is welling to say on the phone that it is a german product.

here is the product website which i got from their instagram

it says it is an Indonesian company which gets its material from germany.

could there be such a thing ? Is it physically possible?

the other company which i only got a quote from and is about 300$ more for the ppf uses polishangel

i googled that and it looks like an american company , you guys heard of it?

any insight appreciated, thanks

#35 ·
I see no ppf in their products? I have never heard of a ppf with ceramic coating built in. They seem to promise the moon on their products, and that's always a red flag for me. PolishAngel is a German company. I at least see their products caried by the large detailing stores here

I can't say what quality you'll be getting. Just because we don't recognize the products doesn't mean they aren't any good. BTW

A Guy

#36 · (Edited)
Exactly , i even told him i see no ppf on the website after browsing it for a good 15 mins ... he prolly carries everything from them except the ppf , he said he will send a picture of the ppf product tmrw once he gets to the shop ... and as far for you providing with xpel in kuwait , cant thank you enough , [ though their website says 2014 at the bottom so i bet they are not even in business anymore lol ] will call them tommorow for a quote ... you see the guy with the german products , we have the ppf on my sis wrangler [ just found out hours ago because she came here ] , my uncle , god know how many friends ... i never cared to ask because i never used it and never had a car that needed one , they all say its pretty good , i checked the cutting , where they cut the film on the edges on the wrangler and it was pretty sloppy , waves , not even close to a straight line , but the product it self is tested all around me and no one reported a problem , the others might be better but i really dont know at this point , i mean for the cutting job i can make them cut me straight lines by insisting and im sure they’ll do a good job ... so I just dont know at this point which way to go ... guess i need the one with the most protection from rocks because widebody , and that is prolly the xpel but im sure once i call the price will be double the others , im just gonna pull the trigger on any of them once i get it and be done with it. Dont see any other way lol ... and a question , will yellowing effect non white cars? I mean blue or red for example , how will yellowing effect it if its not visible.

#37 · (Edited)
Ok , google showed me nothing ... but anyone know or ever used Madico?

The supplier here was awesome and he said he used to do llumar but it was too expensive and people went for cheaper Chinese products so he changed to madico. Its about 2k for the whole car. So asking is it worth it ? Or just go chinese route for about 1.5k?

so any of you guys in the us ever heard of them?

Edit : i just keep finding brands and prices.

If i just want protection from rocks , does it really matter in your openion?

i cant trust what product ill get even if they xpel and show me an xpel box ... so what do you think?

edit : another contender ,Ultrafit ... any word about that? So now we have madico and ultrafi.

#38 ·
Hadn't heard of either, and can find no reviews online either. Whatever you consider, ask to see some of their work...a car they have done, hopefully one done a while ago to see how it has held up. It matters as films have different levels of protection, and ones like Xpel are self healing. Again, I am not saying any of your choices are no good, but unless they chose not to enter the US market (car heaven), then they haven't made a name for themselves here. If you get Xpel, the dealer would be listed on Xpel's site, and be authorized and legit

If the guy who switched to Madico does a lot of work, I'd expect he'd have a portfolio of cars he's done?

A Guy

#39 ·
this used to be an xpel dealer and chick this out

@foxprotection

almost all of kuwait, and very a lot of

2000$ whole car

and another one replied saying he has xpel ultimate with no portfolio provided yet

2300$

i think im going to use him with this manu satisfied customers and you can find at least 3 wb hellcats there. Waiting for a porfolio reply from the xpell guy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.