Depends on packages and years

A Guy

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
2C3CDZFJ0LH120858

not showing anything ... i asked him why and he said because we have to contact dodge in the us and say its was selled before they put it in , anyone can help? I want to know what im getting before i pay and they dont know mich since they deal with hundreds of cars since they are jeep chrysler fiat dodge etc dealership

edit : the Aguy link worked ... shows how much they know shit at the dealership ... can anyone look and tell me if there is anything fishy or weird that is not soppused to be there? Or is missing?

also could anyone tell me why the Aguy link works and the other doesnt?

i dont trust the dealership word at all

based on what i see , all is there except that i have the regular audio system with no updgrades at all.Am i missing somthing?

and sucks what u guys said about stangs and camaros ... even stock by stock i might win?Damn ... thought its a sure win for sure ... cant mod anything to warranty , nothing at all ... laws arnt as flexible as the us , but i bet it would still be fun :D

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,948 Posts
Smoker's Group is a new one for me :) Tool Kit, Fire Extinguisher, Reflecting Triangle ...all export items I'm sure. I see nothing untoward in the list that couldn't be explained by it's export nature

A Guy

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Smoker's Group is a new one for me :) Tool Kit, Fire Extinguisher, Reflecting Triangle ...all export items I'm sure. I see nothing untoward in the list that couldn't be explained by it's export nature

A Guy
Thanks for all the help man , you have no idea how muchbi appreciate it ... no backing down for me now , hopefully within 3 weeks max ill have the car and be in the club :D ... this thread made me finalize everything , but just feeling a bet down that even a mustang gt will have a chance in the street lol

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,948 Posts
Your car will be bad ass, the specs and packages. Stitched leather dash, flat bottom steering wheel. No worries, you'll love it (y)

A Guy

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Your car will be bad ass, the specs and packages. Stitched leather dash, flat bottom steering wheel. No worries, you'll love it (y)

A Guy
thanks man , Im counting minutes tell i get it ... just curious, i searched the forum and many others , but i think in america you guys only use 3m or xpel to protect your car from rock chips or paint damage ... any of you ever heard of ceramic nano tech? Thats all we have here And thats what i will use to protect the car, well i wanted to cover only the fenders and areas around it due to the all the rocks , but the deal to cover the whole car and not only certain areas is pretty sweet so ill cover the whole car , i swear if you guys have rock chips problems , multiply the amount of rocks by 10 over here, letterally by 10 lol ... anyways anyone has any experience with ceramic nano tech? I did some Searching and only Europeans forums and countries use it ... does it bond to the car and its there forever?Well that reduce the paint quality over time? Im planning to keep the car for life hopefully , i mean when you guys cover the whole car with 3m or xpel ... does it stay forever and bonds to the paint? Or say after 3 years you can pull it off like pull window tint ? any insight will be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
15,588 Posts
you'll want paint protection film - do the nose / front facia, front AND rear fender flares and probably the mirrors.

I have friends with Wide Body models - if your roads have sand / grit - the front tires kick up a cloud of this and it will pit the rear fender flares paint.

I have a couple of friends here that discovered driving in rain or on roads that had sand or dried salt (mountains) that they had pitting in the paint.

a ceramic coating won't protect the paint from chipping /pitting from impacts.

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
you'll want paint protection film - do the nose / front facia, front AND rear fender flares and probably the mirrors.

I have friends with Wide Body models - if your roads have sand / grit - the front tires kick up a cloud of this and it will pit the rear fender flares paint.

I have a couple of friends here that discovered driving in rain or on roads that had sand or dried salt (mountains) that they had pitting in the paint.

a ceramic coating won't protect the paint from chipping /pitting from impacts.
Man ... the guy im talking too wont be convinced because ive been reading the forums for a year , he insists that ceramic coating will protect against rocks chipping/pitting ... he even said he had a car coated and it got in accident right after it went out and its was dented but the paint didnt get effected at all ... so ill need 3m or xpel to protect against chipping? Nthng else will do?

Edit: the nano ceramic im talking about is not a liquid its a “Film i think in english “ sheet “ PPF” if you know what i mean... does that protect against the rocks or what?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,948 Posts
There are many brands of PPF, just searching what you wrote brings up a few it can be. It may be available here, it's more a matter of what came first, and what works best. Just like there are a ton of ceramic coatings now, seems like everyone makes one, but only a couple were the first.

Hopefully the film will work well, and not yellow, etc. It's not permanent, usually up to ten years, but needs to be removed before it becomes too hard to get off.

A Guy

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Granite Crystal is one of my favorite colors! We can't wait to see pictures of your new WB Scat Pack.

- Alexis
There are many brands of PPF, just searching what you wrote brings up a few it can be. It may be available here, it's more a matter of what came first, and what works best. Just like there are a ton of ceramic coatings now, seems like everyone makes one, but only a couple were the first.

Hopefully the film will work well, and not yellow, etc. It's not permanent, usually up to ten years, but needs to be removed before it becomes too hard to get off.

A Guy
Guess this is the last questions here lol

how many years is recommended? Before it sticks and ruins the paint ?

Itll cost me 1600$ including windows tint , so i want to keep it at least 4 5 years or is that too much ? All i care about is the paint not getting ruind , and keep in mind its around 110f degrees daily here most of the year if that matters.

Well diff post pics once i get it!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,948 Posts

5-10 years would be the range

One of the best attributes of PPF is its ability to hold up against heat. But, too much exposure to direct sunlight will decrease lifespan. It’s also important to understand that PPF is not bulletproof. If it’s continually exposed to debris, blowing sand, bird droppings or other damaging materials, it can wear thin.

A Guy

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

5-10 years would be the range

One of the best attributes of PPF is its ability to hold up against heat. But, too much exposure to direct sunlight will decrease lifespan. It’s also important to understand that PPF is not bulletproof. If it’s continually exposed to debris, blowing sand, bird droppings or other damaging materials, it can wear thin.

A Guy
I was watching a movie called carjacking on netflix and i stopped and spent half an hour reading the articles you sent.

I concluded from them that i need a ceramic coating after the ppf for the best results.

so i called my guy and he said that the ppf he uses comes with a ceramic coating built in it so there is no need. And he also said that other places indeed put a ceramic coating after the ppf.

Is he bullshitting me? Is there such a thing or is possible that a pff has ceramic coating layer on it?

All he is welling to say on the phone that it is a german product.

here is the product website which i got from their instagram

it says it is an Indonesian company which gets its material from germany.

could there be such a thing ? Is it physically possible?

the other company which i only got a quote from and is about 300$ more for the ppf uses polishangel

i googled that and it looks like an american company , you guys heard of it?

any insight appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I think im complicating things too much as for the ppf ... its just this waiting period before im able to just do it ... thanks a lot for the help!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,948 Posts
I see no ppf in their products? I have never heard of a ppf with ceramic coating built in. They seem to promise the moon on their products, and that's always a red flag for me. PolishAngel is a German company. I at least see their products caried by the large detailing stores here

I can't say what quality you'll be getting. Just because we don't recognize the products doesn't mean they aren't any good. BTW

A Guy

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
I see no ppf in their products? I have never heard of a ppf with ceramic coating built in. They seem to promise the moon on their products, and that's always a red flag for me. PolishAngel is a German company. I at least see their products caried by the large detailing stores here

I can't say what quality you'll be getting. Just because we don't recognize the products doesn't mean they aren't any good. BTW

A Guy
Exactly , i even told him i see no ppf on the website after browsing it for a good 15 mins ... he prolly carries everything from them except the ppf , he said he will send a picture of the ppf product tmrw once he gets to the shop ... and as far for you providing with xpel in kuwait , cant thank you enough , [ though their website says 2014 at the bottom so i bet they are not even in business anymore lol ] will call them tommorow for a quote ... you see the guy with the german products , we have the ppf on my sis wrangler [ just found out hours ago because she came here ] , my uncle , god know how many friends ... i never cared to ask because i never used it and never had a car that needed one , they all say its pretty good , i checked the cutting , where they cut the film on the edges on the wrangler and it was pretty sloppy , waves , not even close to a straight line , but the product it self is tested all around me and no one reported a problem , the others might be better but i really dont know at this point , i mean for the cutting job i can make them cut me straight lines by insisting and im sure they’ll do a good job ... so I just dont know at this point which way to go ... guess i need the one with the most protection from rocks because widebody , and that is prolly the xpel but im sure once i call the price will be double the others , im just gonna pull the trigger on any of them once i get it and be done with it. Dont see any other way lol ... and a question , will yellowing effect non white cars? I mean blue or red for example , how will yellowing effect it if its not visible.

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
Ok , google showed me nothing ... but anyone know or ever used Madico?

The supplier here was awesome and he said he used to do llumar but it was too expensive and people went for cheaper Chinese products so he changed to madico. Its about 2k for the whole car. So asking is it worth it ? Or just go chinese route for about 1.5k?

so any of you guys in the us ever heard of them?

Edit : i just keep finding brands and prices.

If i just want protection from rocks , does it really matter in your openion?

i cant trust what product ill get even if they xpel and show me an xpel box ... so what do you think?

edit : another contender ,Ultrafit ... any word about that? So now we have madico and ultrafi.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,948 Posts
Hadn't heard of either, and can find no reviews online either. Whatever you consider, ask to see some of their work...a car they have done, hopefully one done a while ago to see how it has held up. It matters as films have different levels of protection, and ones like Xpel are self healing. Again, I am not saying any of your choices are no good, but unless they chose not to enter the US market (car heaven), then they haven't made a name for themselves here. If you get Xpel, the dealer would be listed on Xpel's site, and be authorized and legit

If the guy who switched to Madico does a lot of work, I'd expect he'd have a portfolio of cars he's done?

A Guy

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Hadn't heard of either, and can find no reviews online either. Whatever you consider, ask to see some of their work...a car they have done, hopefully one done a while ago to see how it has held up. It matters as films have different levels of protection, and ones like Xpel are self healing. Again, I am not saying any of your choices are no good, but unless they chose not to enter the US market (car heaven), then they haven't made a name for themselves here. If you get Xpel, the dealer would be listed on Xpel's site, and be authorized and legit

If the guy who switched to Madico does a lot of work, I'd expect he'd have a portfolio of cars he's done?

A Guy
this used to be an xpel dealer and chick this out

@foxprotection

almost all of kuwait, and very a lot of

2000$ whole car

and another one replied saying he has xpel ultimate with no portfolio provided yet

2300$

i think im going to use him with this manu satisfied customers and you can find at least 3 wb hellcats there. Waiting for a porfolio reply from the xpell guy

21 - 39 of 39 Posts