Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. My name is Trey. I'm 24, married, work and go to school full-time. The reason I joined this forum is to do a little research on the 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8. My mother owned a Dodge Ram most of her life, the last being a 2007 Ram with the 5.7 Hemi. She is the reason I love the Dodge brand. At the age of 42 she is fighting a losing battle with cancer. She always wanted a black 2009 Challenger SRT8 like this one I found on AutoTrader: 2009 Challenger SRT8

I have thought long and hard about this. Since she won't be able to get the car she always wanted, I want to get one just like the one she wants. I know it sounds crazy, but this is something personal I want to do. I'm basically just joining this site to read up about them. I currently daily drive a 2009 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC sedan, so the Challenger will basically be the hot rod/fun occasion car. I am looking forward to talking to some of y'all and getting my SRT8 eventually. Thanks!

·
Registered
90 Posts
That challenger you're looking at is heavily modded. You could find a newer one for the same price without the supercharger and all that unless you want it. But keep in mind you don't know who did the install on that car and it might not be prof. done.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That challenger you're looking at is heavily modded. You could find a newer one for the same price without the supercharger and all that unless you want it. But keep in mind you don't know who did the install on that car and it might not be prof. done.
Correct. I have my eye on another one that looks exactly the same with a under 3000 miles and is pretty much stock. The price is slightly lower than the one I listed. I'm not sure that I would want one modded so heavily by an unknown source. Reliability would be in question with that car.

2009 Challenger SRT8
Here's the one I'm talking about. Is that what they normally run price wise?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I agree, go stock, then do your own mods. I picked up a 2010 SRT8 a couple months back, all stock except the exhaust, 11K miles, and I'm very happy with it.

Sorry for your situation. One thing I learned by looking for my car was that their is allot of inventory in the 2009 ~ 2010 model year range. Shop around and you'll get a good one.

Welcome and good luck...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree, go stock, then do your own mods. I picked up a 2010 SRT8 a couple months back, all stock except the exhaust, 11K miles, and I'm very happy with it.

Sorry for your situation. One thing I learned by looking for my car was that their is allot of inventory in the 2009 ~ 2010 model year range. Shop around and you'll get a good one.

Welcome and good luck...
Thank you. That's part of life. I will be sad to see her go, but at the same time glad to know she is no longer suffering. Cancer is a horrible disease.

I'm willing to travel for the right deal. Heck, my wife and I flew to Detroit, MI to pick up the Cobalt this past March. I'm not ready to buy at the moment, so I have plenty of time to look around for the right one. So far I've read nothing but good about the 08-11 model SRT8. Aside from the rear end components being weak, everything looks promising. In the end I would love to have a 6.1 putting out over 500 at the wheels.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
Welcome to CT from Abu Dhabi :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts