• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
On Order - 2020 Scat Pack Hellraisin Shaker
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled the trigger Monday on 2020 Scat Pack Shaker special order. Fully optioned except for hood pins and a block heater. I was ready to do this in March until the virus put the brakes on. Looks like this is coming to an end with the plant re-opening in a couple weeks, so I placed the order. Buying through Dave Smith in Idaho. They had the best price and I have a good working relationship with them from a previous purchase earlier this year. They are a high volume dealership, so I am hoping my order will be placed closer to the front of the line - fill a delivery truck to a single destination, take care of the big accounts first, that sort of thinking.

That said, who wants to place a bet on the delivery date (poll above)....
Best case. Plant re-opens as scheduled on May 4th, goes back to double shifts May 18th. I get an early slot. Car goes to the outfitter for a while, with transit times arrives at the dealership late June.
Expected case. They prioritize dealer stock replenishment ahead of special orders. Car arrives dealership sometime in July.
Worst case. Supply chain issues post-virus. Car is finished and then spends a month waiting for some little piece to arrive at the outfitter. August or September sometime.
Failure. They reject the order because they stop making 2020 models, my deposit is refunded, and I order a 2021 model at a later date. Dealer did say that was a possibility, but I think they are adding that 'just in case'.

Next check-in is on May 4th to see if the order has been accepted by the factory. I will keep this thread updated on the progress just because everyone should be as excited about this as I am. :rolleyes: If someone is curious about the specifics on the deal and wants to PM me, I will be happy to share privately.

Surprisingly (given the current economic situation) the price went up $538 from the early March quote to the mid April quote. Every line item on the "Factory to Dealer Wholesale Price" had an increase. Most were small - $10-25. The big ones were Plus Package & Harman/Kardon going up nearly $200 each. On the upside, I do get my choice of rebates. If the current 'Power Dollars' goes away and is replaced with something better on the day the VIN is assigned (not day of delivery), I can take that rebate instead.

Question...
What is currently the best way to follow the status of the order? I have read through the Order Status Codes post which is pinned at the top of the forum. It sounds like the only way is 'call your dealer'. Is that still the only option, or is there some sort of self-serve option out there?

Thanks,
-Eric

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,010 Posts
I'm hoping things open up soon...that remains to be seen, but it will happen, so I voted July

Congrats BTW ;)

A Guy

·
Premium Member
9,365 Posts
I pulled the trigger Monday on 2020 Scat Pack Shaker special order. Fully optioned except for hood pins and a block heater. I was ready to do this in March until the virus put the brakes on. Looks like this is coming to an end with the plant re-opening in a couple weeks, so I placed the order. Buying through Dave Smith in Idaho. They had the best price and I have a good working relationship with them from a previous purchase earlier this year. They are a high volume dealership, so I am hoping my order will be placed closer to the front of the line - fill a delivery truck to a single destination, take care of the big accounts first, that sort of thinking.

Best case. Plant re-opens as scheduled on May 4th, goes back to double shifts May 18th. I get an early slot. Car goes to the outfitter for a while, with transit times arrives at the dealership late June.
Expected case. They prioritize dealer stock replenishment ahead of special orders. Car arrives dealership sometime in July.
Worst case. Supply chain issues post-virus. Car is finished and then spends a month waiting for some little piece to arrive at the outfitter. August or September sometime.
Failure. They reject the order because they stop making 2020 models, my deposit is refunded, and I order a 2021 model at a later date. Dealer did say that was a possibility, but I think they are adding that 'just in case'.

Next check-in is on May 4th to see if the order has been accepted by the factory. I will keep this thread updated on the progress just because everyone should be as excited about this as I am. :rolleyes: If someone is curious about the specifics on the deal and wants to PM me, I will be happy to share privately.

Surprisingly (given the current economic situation) the price went up $538 from the early March quote to the mid April quote. Every line item on the "Factory to Dealer Wholesale Price" had an increase. Most were small - $10-25. The big ones were Plus Package & Harman/Kardon going up nearly $200 each. On the upside, I do get my choice of rebates. If the current 'Power Dollars' goes away and is replaced with something better on the day the VIN is assigned (not day of delivery), I can take that rebate instead.

Question...
What is currently the best way to follow the status of the order? I have read through the Order Status Codes post which is pinned at the top of the forum. It sounds like the only way is 'call your dealer'. Is that still the only option, or is there some sort of self-serve option out there?

Thanks,
-Eric
Outstanding color choice! Hoping it comes on the sooner side for you.

·
Registered
2018 Pitch Black SXT
1,599 Posts
Great color. That is the one I would have chosen. Can't wait to see it . (y)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Neighbor of mine factory ordered a hellraisin HC in Mid Feb. He got a call late last week from the dealer saying it was being shipped. Hasnt arrived yet but I was shocked it was built so quickly.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
... He got a call late last week from the dealer saying it was being shipped....
Interesting. It seems the factory is the only thing completely shut down and there are other aspects of the pipeline are still operating in some capacity....Outfitter? Shipper? Back office? Etc.

If everything is flushed out, it might mean new orders come through quickly once the factory starts to feed the system again. (Although most likely I am delusional and trying to find reasons why I should expect my car sooner rather than later - LOL!)

-Eric

·
Registered
Ordered 02/20/2020 - 2020 1320
134 Posts
Congrats! I ordered my Hellraisin Scat Pack 1320 back on February 20. Never made it into production before the plants shut down. I'm guessing there was an issue getting the 1320 specific parts from suppliers. My order was accepted and I had a VIN within a couple days of ordering. Then I had several updates about waiting on parts. Then the plants shut down.

I've been mostly contacting Dodge directly through mopar.com for status updates. Especially since my sales guy no longer works at my dealer, so now I'm dealing directly with the sales manager. Last status I got from Dodge was "all parts required to start the build process has been received". For some reason they keep telling me they can't see the actual code status so for that I contact my dealer, and they said it shows to be in D1.

I'm hoping that all means it'll be at the front of the line once production starts back up.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Interesting. It seems the factory is the only thing completely shut down and there are other aspects of the pipeline are still operating in some capacity....Outfitter? Shipper? Back office? Etc.

If everything is flushed out, it might mean new orders come through quickly once the factory starts to feed the system again. (Although most likely I am delusional and trying to find reasons why I should expect my car sooner rather than later - LOL!)

-Eric
The only thing I can figure is they had a Hellraisn HC in the build process already that was just being built to push to dealers (or one dealer ordered) and maybe was at a point they could still option it as he ordered and assign it to the dealer he ordered from. WIth seeing what a cluster the info flow is over the years it seems unlikely they could be that organized but maybe they gave priority to Customer orders and are building what they can when they can vs just churning them out to dealers who are already overloaded

·
Registered
14,292 Posts

Question...

Thanks,
-Eric
Congrats!

Dave Smith used to be the highest volume Dodge dealer in the country and maybe still are.

I think you first scenario is possible, it all depends on the priorities. This might be like the beginning of the year where your ordered car has a high priority but they mix sold orders with dealer stock since dealerships having cars is also good for FCA. So we just don't know but I'd go with late June early July for delivery.

The vendors should all be ready to go and coordinated with FCA so I wouldn't think there would be any shortages or delays from this.

No way on the failure option, 2020 is going to run into late September early October.

On the tracking, until its built, FCA will provide updates, after that your dealer is basically the only way.

Keep us posted!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
....I think you first scenario is possible, it all depends on the priorities. This might be like the beginning of the year where your ordered car has a high priority but they mix sold orders with dealer stock since dealerships having cars is also good for FCA. So we just don't know but I'd go with late June early July for delivery.

The vendors should all be ready to go and coordinated with FCA so I wouldn't think there would be any shortages or delays from this.

No way on the failure option, 2020 is going to run into late September early October......
Thanks for the positive note!

I am surprised that two people are voting 'failure' in the poll. Hoping to prove them wrong - LOL!

-Eric

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,010 Posts

A Guy :D

·
Registered
19 Posts

Thanks,
-Eric
Best case isn't going to happen. The UAW has said there is no way the plants are ready to open based on Social Distancing Guidelines. JNAP, SHAP and WT make up more than 85% of the profit for FCA. They are priority to open after than TNAP, TSAP and Belvedere. Windsor and Brampton are literally lowest priority in FCA. One shift at JNAP is slated for 5/18 with two shifts returning in June and three shifts in Late June to July. Brampton will likely be behind that time schedule.

Expected case isn't likely to happen. High volume dealers only get priority on dealer ordered production schedules for allotment periods that are open. With all the cars on order by ALL dealers filling up the entire spring allotment for Brampton, all those cars already in process will get scheduled before the next allotment will open.

Worst case is best bet, there will be supply chain problems. There will be in process parts in the plant that needed to be installed or used by certain dates that will expire (sealants, paints) and the suppliers will not have more ready to go. Suppliers usually don't hold more than 2-3 days of inventory to assembly plants, so any hiccups on their part will cause problems. They won't start up early because they would be running parts they aren't selling and not getting paid for. Shutdowns from lack of parts due to inability to restart as the result of Coronavirus are covered under contract as force major, supplier held blameless.

Failure isn't going to happen. They will extend the 2020 MY since the 2021 MY changes won't be ready in time. I personally wouldn't be surprised to see 2021 come out in November of this year and 2020 MY being built until mid October.

My 0.02 based on my job with a FCA supplier.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Brampton will likely be behind that time schedule.
I'm holding out hope on mine that they can make it work safely for the workers. Don't forget though that the UAW is in the US, it's Unifor in Canada. I just read that the UAW is saying they're opposed to opening up on May 4th as planned, but Unifor hasn't come out and said anything yet.

But they did provide an update on the 20th that someone posted a link to in another thread.

I've been updating their site all throughout the day waiting to see updates, but so far nothing, and team leads and skilled trades are supposed to start showing up this week according to that statement, so if they push back against that I'd expect an update pretty soon.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Best case isn't going to happen...Brampton will likely be behind that time schedule...My 0.02 based on my job with a FCA supplier.
I appreciate the insider information. It will be interesting to watch this over time and see what predictions come to fruition.

Right now the union is telling "Team Leaders" and "Skilled Trades" to be back on an unspecified date next week, with the plant re-opening on May 4th. Source

-Eric

·
Registered
19 Posts
Eric,

They told JNAP that too, then they retreated and asked for volunteers.

They got 1/3 of the skilled trades and not enough production workers to run the paint shop.

The skilled trades are working on making things for social distancing and hand cleaning.

Brampton will have similar results in my opinion. Unifor makes the UAW look tame when it comes to HSE.

·
Premium Member
9,365 Posts
On the upside, my daughter is a Registered Nurse in a good sized hospital and said there had been on an average 65 Covid patients in the emergency room all day, last shift there were 15 people at the start of a 13 hour shift and 5 at the end of that shift. As of today there weren't any people with symptoms so let’s hope it stays that way for the public’s safety and sake.
If this is in fact a trend everywhere, it’s awesome news and all those waiting on new cars will get them soon enough and the masses will be healthy once again.
mad much as I’d be freaked out if I was waiting for my car again, it’s just a car, everyone’s health is far more important. Stay well everyone. 👍

·
Registered
146 Posts
On the upside, my daughter is a Registered Nurse in a good sized hospital and said there had been on an average 65 Covid patients in the emergency room all day, last shift there were 15 people at the start of a 13 hour shift and 5 at the end of that shift. As of today there weren't any people with symptoms so let’s hope it stays that way for the public’s safety and sake.
If this is in fact a trend everywhere, it’s awesome news and all those waiting on new cars will get them soon enough and the masses will be healthy once again.
mad much as I’d be freaked out if I was waiting for my car again, it’s just a car, everyone’s health is far more important. Stay well everyone. 👍
Which state does she work in?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I agree, and if they don't start production on May 4th because they can't do it safely then I won't be mad. And if things go south and I end up not being able to get my Challenger at all, well, I'll be disappointed, that's all I'll say. My dad worked and retired from the Chrysler Warren Stamping plant and I know people that currently work in the Sterling Heights Assembly Plant, last thing I'd want to do is for them to go into unsafe situations just so that someone can get that Ram they ordered or so that I can get my Challenger.

TBH though, it's depressing because I've been waiting to get a car like this for decades, and then when my turn finally came up to get one, the world fell apart. But there's worse things that could of happened to me so just gotta go with the flow. And I probably really do need to stop watching all the youtube vids and hanging out at this forum because I'm really just torturing myself and making it worse.

·
Premium Member
9,365 Posts
I agree, and if they don't start production on May 4th because they can't do it safely then I won't be mad. And if things go south and I end up not being able to get my Challenger at all, well, I'll be disappointed, that's all I'll say. My dad worked and retired from the Chrysler Warren Stamping plant and I know people that currently work in the Sterling Heights Assembly Plant, last thing I'd want to do is for them to go into unsafe situations just so that someone can get that Ram they ordered or so that I can get my Challenger.

TBH though, it's depressing because I've been waiting to get a car like this for decades, and then when my turn finally came up to get one, the world fell apart. But there's worse things that could of happened to me so just gotta go with the flow. And I probably really do need to stop watching all the youtube vids and hanging out at this forum because I'm really just torturing myself and making it worse.
You’ll get your car, I too waited decades, it took until my kids got to high school and college then it was time for me. Maybe there will be better offers and incentives and then it will be worth the wait and be a blessing in disguise.

1 - 20 of 167 Posts