Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
241 - 252 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
2020 HellRaisin 1320
216 Posts
Reached out to the SRT line today. Still in D1 status, still showing a ramp ETA of 7/2 (next Friday). The very nice & friendly lady says 'let me check how long it has been in D1', and finds out it has been in D1 for 11 days.

Uhhh...what?

The first D1 status report I got was on May 20th (day after the plant re-opened) from the SRT line. Remember I mentioned two weeks ago in the final conversation with the good sales guy that he said it went back to D status. She speculated that they do this sometimes when they are having a problem with a part. It will reset the car's place in line.

I suppose I can buy that explanation. I did heavily option my build. Perhaps there is a problem with a particular option which is causing the delay. My guess is its extended time in D1 was starting to appear on someone's tracking reports, and bouncing it back and forth to D for a few days pulls it off the report.

So evidently it is true.... Y'all ARE cutting in line!
Same happened with mine, it jumped from D1 to D to D1 a couple times, which is probably why mine didn't make it into production before the shutdown while other Challengers ordered after me did.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I haven't jumped you yet emichael!

06/20/2020 - Ordered, given VON.
06/23/2020 - D status, given VIN.
06/27/2020 - D status, no change.

AFTERNOON UPDATE:
06/27/2020 - D1 status, proj. ship 07/27

·
Registered
2020 sps ordered 5/20/20
58 Posts
I'm feeling a little lucky that I ordered my sps on 5/20 and recently I was told it was waiting for a train (a few days ago). That means no delays or hiccups through production I guess, so all parts were there. Besides the shaker package I got the dynamics, 9 speaker alpine, plus package, driver convenience package and splurged on the cf interior. If it was waiting for the train to LA a few days ago that means it probably is at LA waiting to go onboard the ship (or is on the ship). With my luck the reality of logistics might mean another month of waiting, or I might be lucky and see my car within a few weeks or days. I really hope Emichael gets his car before me, he's been waiting for so long and getting mixed up info,...I would go nuts. At least he got a ramp ETA, my ETA is pretty ambiguous (by September).

·
Registered
On Order - 2020 Scat Pack Hellraisin Shaker
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
Well kerffufle... Looking at y'all...

...shaker package I got the dynamics, 9 speaker alpine, plus package, driver convenience package and splurged on the cf interior.
Yes, Shaker
Yes, Dynamic
Yes, Plus package
Yes, Driver convenience
Yes, Carbon Fiber
Nope, got Harmon Kardon instead of Alpine.

...2020 SP WB in Hellraisin Purple
Nope, not a shortage of that color either.

Dadgum it. My gut check said the carbon fiber & suede headliner was the random option that was holding me up. However, since Gcsps got it (and the 50th Anniversary cars have it), then it cannot be in short supply.

I looked over my order, the only other things not mentioned are:
  • Red brake calipters
  • Power sunroof
  • Adaptive dampening suspension
  • MOPAR front strut tower brace
I can't buy that red brake calipers are in short supply - it is only a different paint color (can you say 'high profit item'). Nor can I believe sunroofs are all that uncommon. The strut brace isn't really that complex of a component - and it would cause an upfitter delay, not a production delay. The adaptive dampening suspension is standard on all wide-bodies, and Gcsps got one of those, so that is not it. The HK audio isn't that uncommon either, but maybe there is a supply issue on amps or something???

I am buggered y'all are getting post-reopening special order cars before me. I am patient to get what I want versus picking an on-the-lot car. But, golly, I just wish I knew what keeps pushing me to the end of the line by switching me from D1 back to D status. Communicate with me! @DodgeCares

Oh, and back to my replacement sales rep conundrum.. Left a message for the sale manager on Friday afternoon (he told me last week that he would take over the deal). Got a call back within an hour from the new sales rep who was so confrontational previously - not the manager. Okay, I'll give him a 2nd chance. He promises to look in to the delay for me with the 'special order guy'. He promises to get back to me either late Friday or before 3pm Saturday (we discussed his work schedule and I had told him me personal schedule). Do you think I got the promised call back? Yeah, no....

I try really hard not to be an alpha-hotel customer. I don't want to be 'that guy'. I want the sales people I am dealing with to like me, and I want to like them (that really does make me a push-over sales prospect). My only expectation is they do what they say they are going to do. I really am okay with bad news - "Doo-Doo happens" and then we can all figure out a mutually agreeable plan going forward. But not communicating when they said they will...that makes me want to cancel the deal worried something is wrong and they are hiding it from me...

Do what you say, Say what you do, and Deliver more than you promise. That really is the secret to sales & customer service. It's not that tough. <sigh>

·
Registered
2020 R/T SP WB 6M in Hellraisin
9 Posts
Dadgum it. My gut check said the carbon fiber & suede headliner was the random option that was holding me up. However, since Gcsps got it (and the 50th Anniversary cars have it), then it cannot be in short supply.
Not the carbon/suede either as I have that option in mine as well...

I will say this though, I did order mine on April 24th. Almost a full three weeks before they officially reopened. My dealer had told me that mine was among the first after reopening, but I always suspected that was him just blowing smoke to keep me from looking at the used ones...

·
Registered
5 Posts
If it isn't the power sunroof that is slowing up emichael's order, then I have no idea, unless it is just plain terrible luck. The only other explanation would be the terrible sales guy really did mess something up. Certainly there is no guarantee my order won't be delayed, delayed, delayed, but it seems that most folks have been on the shorter rather than the longer time scale since they started back up.

We're all rooting for you!

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,158 Posts
If it isn't the power sunroof that is slowing up emichael's order, then I have no idea, unless it is just plain terrible luck. The only other explanation would be the terrible sales guy really did mess something up. Certainly there is no guarantee my order won't be delayed, delayed, delayed, but it seems that most folks have been on the shorter rather than the longer time scale since they started back up.

We're all rooting for you!
Well.....there’s always transportation damage within the rail yard or such. :devilish:

·
Registered
2020 sps ordered 5/20/20
58 Posts
I got the Dynamics package and the car will be narrow body, so I don't think it comes with adaptive suspension. I rebuilt my car on the Dodge website and couldn't find adaptive suspension available. Is it stock or an option for the WB version? I tried building a scat pack WB and didn't see the option in the packages list. Also, due to some choices I made, the website said I had to have the 1320 Plus package, which was available even to non-1320 cars.

Emichael, the only thing I can think of is one of those salesmen messed up the order. Perhaps the order went in, the factory started building the car, then either the first salesman or the second said "Stop!" - and I don't know what happens next, would they stall the car on the line, put it aside I dunno. Say the car was almost done and they didn't put in the carbon fiber interior, would they rip it out or just build it and then build another "correct" car? Would the first factory mistake order car make it to a dealer lot anyway and maybe someone will be lucky enough that all the options match what they want? Either way, I'm hoping your car has already been built and you are just receiving murky info from them sources.

·
Registered
14,389 Posts
I got the Dynamics package and the car will be narrow body, so I don't think it comes with adaptive suspension. I rebuilt my car on the Dodge website and couldn't find adaptive suspension available. Is it stock or an option for the WB version? I tried building a scat pack WB and didn't see the option in the packages list. Also, due to some choices I made, the website said I had to have the 1320 Plus package, which was available even to non-1320 cars.

Emichael, the only thing I can think of is one of those salesmen messed up the order. Perhaps the order went in, the factory started building the car, then either the first salesman or the second said "Stop!" - and I don't know what happens next, would they stall the car on the line, put it aside I dunno. Say the car was almost done and they didn't put in the carbon fiber interior, would they rip it out or just build it and then build another "correct" car? Would the first factory mistake order car make it to a dealer lot anyway and maybe someone will be lucky enough that all the options match what they want? Either way, I'm hoping your car has already been built and you are just receiving murky info from them sources.
Adaptive suspension is included with Widebody at no extra charge but on standard body with Dynamics it is a $995 option.

Maybe the car was ordered as a dealer stock order and not a sold order as that could slow it down. On the POC that the dealer should give you, it would say Sold Order or not.

Once the car is sequenced to build they are going to build it. If it was determined that a certain option was not available at that time then they wouldn't have set the car up to start the build. If this is option is being permanently deleted or the delay would be for an extended period, then they would probably build it then you would have your choice of whether you wanted it or not when it got in. Like the caramel door panel issue, the Dodge website was showing caramel door panel inserts but all cars seen so far have solid black door panels. So it's take it or leave it as is for whoever ordered the car.

Just keep checking for the build sheet, when it shows up its built, when the window sticker shows up its ready to ship.

COMPLETE VIN

ALL CAPS

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 sps ordered 5/20/20
58 Posts
Once again, thanks Slidd for the info. So the factory has to allocate every single part correctly before it builds the car. I was just thinking if the salesperson made a mistake and contacted them in the middle of the build.

Okay, why didn't I see it I must be blind. I finally saw the adaptive suspension option, I guess I thought it was one of the big packages before you scroll down. Sometimes I wish Dodge would explain and show more info in the build site, some of the information is very brief or non existent if you wanted to know a little more of what your'e getting. I clicked on Adaptive Suspension and I don't recall getting any useful information. You would get way more information from this forum.

·
Registered
14,389 Posts
When the car is ordered all the vendors that supply parts to Brampton get the parts request and if no issues, then the car would go to D1 and a build date set.

If anything with the order is wrong or wants to be changed the dealer is going to have to get that done fairly early. You will see build sheets occasionally that say D1 to D Regress and think that has to do with parts availability and the build date getting rescheduled.

So you've got to have the POC from the dealer when he orders it and look it over good. Without a change, that's the way they're going to build the car.

When I ordered my 16 the dealer made a mistake and ordered the laguna leather instead of the alcantara that I wanted. I caught it before it went to D1 so he reordered it and sent me the revised POC and all was good but that would have been a screw up so always get and double check your POC when placing your order. Fun stuff!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 HellRaisin 1320
216 Posts
The strut brace isn't really that complex of a component - and it would cause an upfitter delay, not a production delay.
I'm just throwing out a wild guess, but that strut brace is the odd one out of that list, and even though it would be added by the upfitter, I would still assume that FCA would want ALL parts available before starting the build, including any parts that might be installed by the upfitter. I doubt they would want to start filling up the upfitters lots with cars that are still waiting for parts. But again, I'm just guessing. It'd be interesting to find out if there's been parts delays on the strut brace for anyone that might have ordered one separately.

241 - 252 of 252 Posts