• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
121 - 140 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
On Order - 2020 Scat Pack Hellraisin Shaker
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
That Georgia car had a KZ date of April 1st, not sure how that was possible with the plant closed from March 18th, unless the Upfitter or a skeleton crew was still working.
Cars have continued to trickle in throughout the plant shutdown. My suspicion is the upfitter had a back log which they worked through. The upside is any new production should shoot through the upfitter quickly. Reading other posts here, it seems that step has been a frequent source of extended delay.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #122 (Edited)
I reached out to the Dodge chat. Gave them my VON & VIN, and asked the current status. Here is what I got:

Matthew: Thank you. The Dodge is currently in the pre-production stage which means that all of the parts have been gathered and it is waiting to move into the build process. At this time FCA Dodge is still reviewing to see if it's safe to reopen the factories, so we do not have an estimate for when the build will begin. I would recommend contacting us back next week for an update, but we are available 24/7 if you do want to contact back sooner.

Me: Really?? Wow! I thought the Brampton factory re-opened on May 19th. Are you telling me they are still closed

Matthew: As far as I am aware Eric

Me: Well, okay. I wonder if anyone let the employees know. According to the union, they went back to work on May 19th: https://uniforlocal1285.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Post-for-local-Website-05-13-2020.pdf

Matthew: Is there anything else I can look into for you today Eric?

Some people here said they have had good luck with the chat. To me they seemed rather useless & uninformed with pre-canned answers.

·
Registered
Ordered 02/20/2020 - 2020 1320
134 Posts
Ah, interesting. I was scouring both the Window Sticker and the Build Sheet for info and did see that, but didn't know the meaning and it's tough to search for 'What are these 4 numbers on the window sticker' without getting mostly random stuff.

·
Registered
2020 sps ordered 5/20/20
26 Posts
I'll probably get my scat pack later than you guys, my challenger is still probably in BA code right now. Add a few weeks for it to reach Hawaii...the logistics of it all. The chat help said the factory is still closed....whhuuut. Dealer said he would contact me here and there and give me the latest update codes, or can i do that myself later? Anyways, I ordered a normal scat pack shaker, dynamics package, alpine 9 spkr, driver convenience and plus package, granite crystal 6M.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
I'll probably get my scat pack later than you guys, my challenger is still probably in BA code right now. Add a few weeks for it to reach Hawaii...the logistics of it all. The chat help said the factory is still closed....whhuuut. Dealer said he would contact me here and there and give me the latest update codes, or can i do that myself later? Anyways, I ordered a normal scat pack shaker, dynamics package, alpine 9 spkr, driver convenience and plus package, granite crystal 6M.
Thanks for joining in! This has kind of morphed in to the "Post-Covid plant re-opening when will I get my special order?" thread.

When did you place your order? It should go through BA pretty quick.

·
Registered
2020 sps ordered 5/20/20
26 Posts
My order was placed on 5/20/20, a few days ago. No emails from the fleet manager contact yet, unless he totally forgot about updating me, or its too early.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,007 Posts

A Guy

·
Registered
2020 sps ordered 5/20/20
26 Posts
Just to add to the thread about waiting for our covid cars...the fleet manager texted me what I believe is a Vin number since the VON number was on a sheet of paper he gave me before I left the dealership. Its 17 digits with a bunch of letters in the middle. Is it wise to post these online or is it like posting your SS#? Anyways, i've been trying to find a site to decode the Vin and find out what status the car is in. I've searched this site and found some links from some posts made in 2008 but they don't work. Some say join chat, some say join the Jeep forum for $30 and they will help.

·
Registered
2020 sps ordered 5/20/20
26 Posts
Put the VIN here, when build sheet appears the car is built.

COMPLETE VIN

ALL CAPS

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
thanks, I tried, but got "sorry, no information regarding that VIN was available" something like that. Maybe its still too early for me? Or, the dealer made a mistake in the texted VIN...

·
Registered
14,292 Posts
thanks, I tried, but got "sorry, no information regarding that VIN was available" something like that. Maybe its still too early for me? Or, the dealer made a mistake in the texted VIN...
Probably just not built yet.

The Scat Pack VIN will start with 2C3CDZFJ and then there will be a security number 0-9 or the letter X and then LH for 2020 Brampton Assy and then the last 6 numbers would be your sequence number which would be unique to your car. That makes up the 17 digits of the VIN format.

So just keep checking it, one of these days it will be built!

·
Registered
2020 sps ordered 5/20/20
26 Posts
Probably just not built yet.

The Scat Pack VIN will start with 2C3CDZFJ and then there will be a security number 0-9 or the letter X and then LH for 2020 Brampton Assy and then the last 6 numbers would be your sequence number which would be unique to your car. That makes up the 17 digits of the VIN format.

So just keep checking it, one of these days it will be built!

Cool, thanks! My VIN starts with 2C3CDZFJ, has XLH next, a number, then the five special numbers. That must mean something has started at least, I'm not sure what, but it gives me hope, lol.

·
Registered
Ordered 02/20/2020 - 2020 1320
134 Posts
Mostly just means the order has been accepted and the dealer has the allocation and now it's probably just waiting to make sure all the parts are on hand and then will get scheduled to be built.

About your question about posting the VIN online, it doesn't matter. In fact, here's mine
2C3CDZFJ3LH155765

If you go to most car sites the listings show the VIN. Same on most dealer sites, if they don't have a picture of the VIN tag they usually have an option to view the window sticker and it's right there on it. Plus it's displayed on the dash by the base of the windshield on full display, so if anyone ever wanted to get a cars VIN all they have to do is just walk up to a car and look.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
... Is it wise to post these online or is it like posting your SS#?...
It is personal information, but isn't really secret information. Anyone walking by your car in a parking lot can pull out their phone and take a picture of your VIN. The VIN really serves to trace back to the manufacturer and confirm the car is what it is supposed to be. It is more or less a unique identifier used to tie the vehicle to your ownership via the title, and to tie the vehicle to the license plates via the registration.

...The Scat Pack VIN will start with 2C3CDZFJ and then there will be a security number 0-9 or the letter X and then LH for 2020 Brampton Assy and then the last 6 numbers would be your sequence number which would be unique to your car. That makes up the 17 digits of the VIN format...
I believe what you referenced as a 'security number' is really a check-digit used to confirm the VIN is valid and to prevent accidental typos. Sort of a built-in mechanism to make sure 2C3CDZFJ didn't accidentally get entered as 2C3ODZFJ - or something like that. Here is the process used to compute the check-digit. In short, there is nothing secret or private about the 9th digit.

Also, the last 6-digits are a "sequential number". Based on what we have discussed on this thread & elsewhere on this forum, it seems to only loosely relate to assembly line build order. 123457 may have rolled off after 123456, but not necessarily so. However, 123457 was not assigned until 123456 and lower was already allocated.

Or, the dealer made a mistake in the texted VIN...
There is a handy VIN decoder on this forum at this post. You can double check what your dealer gave you there, and also use the link above for computing the check-digit. If the options don't match what you ordered, or the check-digit doesn't compute, then the dealer made a mistake.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,007 Posts
Mostly just means the order has been accepted and the dealer has the allocation and now it's probably just waiting to make sure all the parts are on hand and then will get scheduled to be built.

About your question about posting the VIN online, it doesn't matter. In fact, here's mine
2C3CDZFJ3LH155765

If you go to most car sites the listings show the VIN. Same on most dealer sites, if they don't have a picture of the VIN tag they usually have an option to view the window sticker and it's right there on it. Plus it's displayed on the dash by the base of the windshield on full display, so if anyone ever wanted to get a cars VIN all they have to do is just walk up to a car and look.

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,007 Posts
The hackers DO have info on that! They say "All of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon"

A Guy ;)

121 - 140 of 167 Posts