Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone think this would suitable for the track. My buddy gave me is old helmet that happened to be dragged on his bike. It is snell approved. I just don't know if the track would say something or not. I was also thinking about painting that part or flat black the whole helmet to make it less noticeable.

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any helmet with signs of impact or structural integrity or expired date will fail inspection
Thank you for the response. I was under that assumption. Just the track I used to go to in MD never inspected anything.

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Drill a few more holes in the crown and say the big gash in the front is part of the custom airflow dynamics to ensure proper head ventilation during racing.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Does anyone think this would suitable for the track. My buddy gave me is old helmet that happened to be dragged on his bike. It is snell approved. I just don't know if the track would say something or not. I was also thinking about painting that part or flat black the whole helmet to make it less noticeable.
I've seen far worse helments at the track. Of course this is was track in the back hills of Tennessee at the time. They didn't inspect crap. If it looks like a helmet, then it's good enough for them. If it was a 1940's football helmet.. then it was a helmet to them. Remember, you signed a waiver and it's up to YOU to be safe.

My cranium is worth a lot IMO and I put a lot of money into a helmet to try and protect the remaining brain cells. :D Granted, my neck might snap, but at least my head will be ok.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've seen far worse helments at the track. Of course this is was track in the back hills of Tennessee at the time. They didn't inspect crap. If it looks like a helmet, then it's good enough for them. If it was a 1940's football helmet.. then it was a helmet to them. Remember, you signed a waiver and it's up to YOU to be safe.

My cranium is worth a lot IMO and I put a lot of money into a helmet to try and protect the remaining brain cells. :D Granted, my neck might snap, but at least my head will be ok.
Well I'll have to agree with you aswell lol.
Everyone has all had the same answer that I already knew. Just wanted to get away with the free one if possible lol. Time to buy a new one.

Any recommendations?

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
it must be snell10 rated for the track

·
Registered
675 Posts
Some tracks allow SA2005 Helmets. If you are buying a new one make sure it is SA2010 rated as the 2005 will expire soon as the SA2015 hits the market. Do not use Motorcycle helmets as most are not fire rated like the ones rated for cars.

You can buy a new SA2010 pre-drilled for a Hans for about $150. It's your head, how much is it worth?

·
Registered
627 Posts
I use my quad helmet its a snell 2005 I never had a problem with it

·
Super Moderator
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
Us guys will protect the little feller head, and roll one on.
So why wouldnt you protect your Brain ?
In 1874 the first testical cup was used in Hockey.
In 1974 the first helmet was used. It took 100 years for us guys
to figure out our brain was more important. Hahahahaha
FlatTop

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Us guys will protect the little feller head, and roll one on.
So why wouldnt you protect your Brain ?
In 1874 the first testical cup was used in Hockey.
In 1974 the first helmet was used. It took 100 years for us guys
to figure out our brain was more important. Hahahahaha
FlatTop
us men are hard headed ..... lol

·
Registered
529 Posts
I read you should not wear a full face helmet in a car with air bags. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I read you should not wear a full face helmet in a car with air bags. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
I never heard that .... but I think you would be better with so you don't get a broken nose

·
Premium Member
3,089 Posts
Full face is suggested so you keep your teeth if you do not have air bags...I use full face

1 - 18 of 18 Posts