Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought some nice engine half covers from Steve White Motors for my R/T, and I'm trying to determine the best short-term workaround for fitment. The passenger-side cover keeps popping off due to the vent hose out of the PCV.

I know that the obvious answer is install a catch can to re-route the lines in and out, but I'm not ready to pull the trigger on that. I have the silencer-style air inlet tube and need to replace that before I can do the proper Z-bracket mount---and I just don't want to spend the $200+ dollars quite yet. Good grief, I spent almost that much on the engine covers and didn't fully realize that I'd have this fitment challenge. :icon_confused:

Is the best short-term solution just to source some soft hose to replace the factory-installed hard fittings & hose?

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
From what I've heard these need to be trimmed to fit properly around some engine parts.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I've heard these need to be trimmed to fit properly around some engine parts.
Yes. I have lopped/Dremeled-off a standoff on the driver-side cover, so that's all good. I went ahead and Dremeled-out more of the curved area along the top straight-edge portion of the passenger-side cover in an attempt to remove enough material to pass the vent tube cleanly, but no go.

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
I bought some nice engine half covers from Steve White Motors for my R/T, and I'm trying to determine the best short-term workaround for fitment.
Keep the original in place until you get the CAI and catch can.

That is a cheap, and quick short term fitment. Sorted. ;)

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
I bought some nice engine half covers from Steve White Motors for my R/T, and I'm trying to determine the best short-term workaround for fitment. The passenger-side cover keeps popping off due to the vent hose out of the PCV.

I know that the obvious answer is install a catch can to re-route the lines in and out, but I'm not ready to pull the trigger on that. I have the silencer-style air inlet tube and need to replace that before I can do the proper Z-bracket mount---and I just don't want to spend the $200+ dollars quite yet. Good grief---I spent almost that much on the engine covers and didn't fully realize that I'd have this fitment challenge. :icon_confused:

Is the best short-term solution just to source some soft hose to replace the factory-installed hard fittings & hose?
I bought a five dollar piece of flexible tubing and used that to route under the cover.

Justin

Reactions: DJ Hemi

·
Registered
118 Posts
I think that someone posted that if you squeeze the PCV hose under the fuel cross over, it will fit better.

Or I could be wrong again!
:bash:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts