Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a challenger RT Auto and 3 months ago i installed borla s-type but i can bear with it a lot of noise inside the cabin and it drones alot.

i want to change the cat back to corsa

what do u think about corsa xtreme ??? does it drone like borla or not plz help

i'v heard that corsa have zero drone . is that true :notallthere:

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
I have a challenger RT Auto and 3 months ago i installed borla s-type but i can bear with it a lot of noise inside the cabin and it drones alot.

i want to change the cat back to corsa

what do u think about corsa xtreme ??? does it drone like borla or not plz help

i'v heard that corsa have zero drone . is that true :notallthere:
Neither the Corsa Sport or the Corsa Xtreme drone at ALL. If you want no drone those are the best options.

Reactions: Palerider15

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the corsa sport on a 2013 5.7L RT. No drone. It really sounds good now that I added a supercharger and long tube headers. Still quiet inside unless you punch it.

·
Registered
570 Posts
the corsa extreme is what I want for my auto. shaker, it has factory cold air intake plus the shaker scoop that sounds great when you punch it, but the stock exhaust is quiet

·
Registered
80 Posts
I see you have an auto. Is it drone or the MDS that you hear? Drive it in autostick (disables the MDS) to see if there is a difference. If there is, get a tuner and disable the MDS so it doesn't come on in Drive.

Don

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Yep, I can. I've had a Corsa Extreme on my car since 4.5k. I'm at 17k now and have never experienced drone. IMO it's the best of both worlds. Loud when you want it, and smooth when you're cruising.

For the record I have a 2012 RT 6spd.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Thanks for the info. Looks like I just have to put away some coin for a while and make the investment.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I am running the Borla ATAK which is louder than the S-type and I really don't hear a drone sound much inside my 2014 R/T

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
I have borla atak also on my 2014 r/to redline. I don't know why you want these Cars quiet. You drive the boss car so act like it and let everyone know it is your road with the true hemi roar. If I step on the gas everyone looks with mouth open

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
364 Posts
What is beautiful music for some is awful racket for others. Borla claims that their exhaust is designed for the car...model to model. I have no reason to dispute that as we could not be happier with their S-Type application on our automatic. So much so that we kicked Sirius-XM so that we could enjoy the Borla "symphony" at all times.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
127 Posts
What is beautiful music for some is awful racket for others. Borla claims that their exhaust is designed for the car...model to model. I have no reason to dispute that as we could not be happier with their S-Type application on our automatic. So much so that we kicked Sirius-XM so that we could enjoy the Borla "symphony" at all times.

I do love the beautiful sound of my Borla Atak exhaust at 3k RPM and higher. It makes such beautiful music.

Reactions: WYFSKAAR

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a custom exhaust that the muffler shop my work deals with did for me. Custom 3 inch cat back and magnaflow magna packs and the drone when the MDS kicks in is not bad at all. I can barely tell the difference. When I had the flow masters on it sounded like an import with a fart can on but now it isn't much different then when I cruise along. Mine is quiet when I'm coasting then loud when I stomp the skinny pedal down. I also have long tubes and high flow cats on it as well.

Reactions: WYFSKAAR

·
Registered
364 Posts
Obviously a man who takes his Challenger's exhaust system with the upmost seriousness...as it should be. But skinny pedal? Nah, not here! I still have my big ol' metal, surfer stomp, bare foot, foot feed that I bought for my 396 Impala in 1970. Now, proudly adoring Mrs WYFSKAAR's go-machine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts