Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have challenger RT 2013 and i want to install exhaust tip Yonaka Stainless Steel Dual Tip - 2.5" Inlet/ 3.5" Outlet
to my stock exhaust . Does it fit to my stock exhaust ????

plz help

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Your stock exhaust has a ball and socket connection on the outlet of the resonator (sometimes called the "suitcase). The tip in your picture has a straight connection, which means it will not simply bolt-up to your car. It will take some welding and/or cutting to attach that.

Here is a picture of the factory exhaust tips. See how short they are and the bell shaped connection. That's the length and type of connection you need.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your stock exhaust has a ball and socket connection on the outlet of the resonator (sometimes called the "suitcase). The tip in your picture has a straight connection, which means it will not simply bolt-up to your car. It will take some welding and/or cutting to attach that.

Here is a picture of the factory exhaust tipsخ. See how short they are and the bell shaped connection. That's the length and type of connection you need.

Can you give some exhaust tip that can be fit to my stock exhaust

·
Registered
828 Posts
A good muffler shop can cut the exhaust back and then the tips you posted would work. You couldn't just mount those tips cuz they probably would stick out too far so you'll more then likely have to cut the tail pipes anyways.

I'm not sure what the pipe size is for an R/T but I'm sure someone on here knows.... then get those tips for the correct size pipe.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
A good muffler shop can cut the exhaust back and then the tips you posted would work. You couldn't just mount those tips cuz they probably would stick out too far so you'll more then likely have to cut the tail pipes anyways.

I'm not sure what the pipe size is for an R/T but I'm sure someone on here knows.... then get those tips for the correct size pipe.
Pipe size for an automatic R/T is 2.25" and for the 6 speeds it's 2.5".

As stated above it may stick out a bit far. The issue with cutting the tailpipe shorter is that you have those big honkin' resonators which you DON'T want to mess with, unless you want a resonator delete which would give you a bigger sound but more drone.

I'd go to a quality muffler shop locally and see what they can do. Even if the ball clamp won't work on those they should be able to weld them on.

My Zoomers exhaust came without clamps for the tips so they simply broke off the ball clamp on the tips and welded the actual tips onto the end of my exhaust.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
Your stock exhaust has a ball and socket connection on the outlet of the resonator (sometimes called the "suitcase).
What people call the "suitcase" is the single center muffler on the early Challengers. The resonators are simply the resonators, which is what the tips mount to.

Can you give some exhaust tip that can be fit to my stock exhaust
Solo makes some, they are not round like the ones you have, though.

Dodge Challenger Performance Exhaust System | Challenger Exhaust Tips Present Dodge Challenger | Performance Exhaust System

·
Registered
896 Posts
I'm using Yonaka tips and haven't had any issues.

·
Registered
896 Posts
The Yonaka tips are selling for less than $70 from FleaBay. Mine have been on since 2010 and have yet to show any real signs of wear and tear. They fit perfectly and still look way better than the stock rectangle tips. It's kind of a no brainer. Some of these companies are out of their gords charging what they do for these exhaust systems and components.

I haven't bothered to look but I'd guess the 'Mopar' tips are 3x as much, probably because of the name.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Here's a couple.

Attachments

Reactions: arufolo
1 - 11 of 11 Posts