Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Get a better tune. My 12 RT A5 had 392 cam, SRT Shorty's, Custom AJ tune, Custom TCM tune, and that car rocked.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Whatever came of this issue? Considerable time has passed. My parents live in Albany, and I go up there often. I love racing at the Valley and hope to one day see this car run.

·
Registered
Dodge Challenger RT
1,066 Posts
This is a well known bad idea as almost everyone loses power on this,I saw a dyno result somewhere on this forum where it actually made less horsepower.It is going to move your powerband up which unless you are interested only in top speed is useless on these cars.These big girls need help to get moving.Love my Challenger.
Please do not spread misinformation. The fact is, anyone who lost power did something wrong. There were people who mixed up the fact that the Auto and Manual cars have slightly different cams, people who put in non MDS cams in cars with MDS, people who used phasers and limited range so they could not advance the low RPM ranges to pick up the bottom end and people who just didn't get tuned correctly.

While you may be able to make more power with a custom grind VVT cam it is simply not true that you would lose power and if you can do the install yourself, this $68 cam isn't a bad idea NA and it most certainly isn't a bad cam to add for those adding a blower later.

For anyone interested in modding, you should mod in the order of most restrictive first. In our case, manifolds should be first, then cam, then heads. CAI's are overpriced, low gainers and cat- back systems are more for enjoying the sound. The big 3 will get your gains when combined with proper tuning.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts