Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my fully loaded challenger R/T Classic. Traded in my 2006 Daytona.... Love the car but why or why did they use a 3.06 gear in the R/T????? My 06 daytona had a 3.53 (i think) yes it is an auto got it 10K less than MSRP so i over looked the fact that it was an auto. I wish i had come here before i bought it cause i would not have settled for the 3.06. I have 24 hours to give it back sooooo the Dealer is looking into what it would cost to put a 3.73.

Can you guys give me any insight. Part numbers, web links, and is it even do-able.

I know i need a predator tuner but im hoping that someone here in MI being that it is the motorcity state has a tuner that i can just pay 50.00 to use to retune.

·
Registered
57 Posts
What is the problem with the 3.06 gear,The auto trans has a 3.59 first gear.People are running 9.5 second 1/4 miles with the 3.06,Are you keeping the motor stock?The 2006 charger 198 diff had 3.07,
3.64,3.90 ratios.The 210 diff had a 2.82 ratio.You have a 215 open diff(no posi) in your Challenger.

·
Premium Member
10,451 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
...errr

Okay... i went from newb to ultra super newb.wtf... was i just reading the wrong info?

So off the line the challenger should have more of a kick than my daytona based on what you all are saying but it feels like it doesn't...

Is it just in my head? Maybe its cause the daytona had an after market muffler and just sounded louder when i mashed it... and its just in my head...

Passing doobie around :pimp:

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Exhaust?

Not sure. I bought it used. oh well... i just took the challenger out for a spin at lunch...

I turned the traction controll off, and it launched off the line ... maybe its just cause of the exhaust

any suggestions for best sounding exhaust? Im leaning towards only changing the muffler... im guessing there is no reason to go to a cat back....

Any opininons?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Not sure. I bought it used. oh well... i just took the challenger out for a spin at lunch...

I turned the traction controll off, and it launched off the line ... maybe its just cause of the exhaust

any suggestions for best sounding exhaust? Im leaning towards only changing the muffler... im guessing there is no reason to go to a cat back....

Any opininons?

the auto guys definitely seem to consistently report that a predator tune kinda turns their car loose. I'd get in touch with Mikey and get yourself a predator. you'll forget you ever had the charger, lol:werd:

I dunno about off the line, but the chally should definitely have noticeably more through the power band than the charger. drop it from 3k to redline and see what you think. Any chargers I have run are decent off the line (and I'm not so much) but I simply walk them once we're rollin.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Couldn't find any stock R/T classics automatics in the list puff puff. Come on man 9.0 with a 3:06 R/T classic with maybe a predator tune puffing away:smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin:
no, you're talking blown, built engine but I think the original point was that the 2 or 3 9's that have been run were on the stock tranny - not sure about the rear end's though.

·
Registered
57 Posts
What is the problem with the 3.06 gear,The auto trans has a 3.59 first gear.People are running 9.5 second 1/4 miles with the 3.06,Are you keeping the motor stock?The 2006 charger 198 diff had 3.07,
3.64,3.90 ratios.The 210 diff had a 2.82 ratio.You have a 215 open diff(no posi) in your Challenger.
Where does it say guys with 3.06 R/T's run 9 flat 1/4 mile:scratchhead:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts