Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!!
Drove car Friday no problem and put golf clubs in the trunk yesterday. This morning the car won't respond to fob at all. Used key to open door and alarm goes off. Kinda annoying right in front of hotel I'm staying in. Changed battery.... No difference.

What's going on here??

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
42 Posts
FOB base against the RED start button-push to start
If no action, likely programming error/snafu which means a re-flash at dealer
FCA roadside shd pay for the tow-this happend to my kids Jeep Cherokee North last week

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FOB base against the RED start button-push to start
If no action, likely programming error/snafu which means a re-flash at dealer
FCA roadside shd pay for the tow-this happend to my kids Jeep Cherokee North last week
Well those didn't work so Chrysler roadside assistance is picking up the car in the morning. Bummer!!

·
Premium Member
9,674 Posts
Any way to know if newbattery was good? My Jeep was one week old and battery in fob went bad. Now it’s a year plus old and still fine. Let them deal with it and enjoy when you get it back.

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So they picked the car up this morning and I know there working on it because I keep getting UConnect alarm notification emails. Kinda worries me tho because if it were just a keyfob it wouldn't be taking this long and I wouldn't keep getting emails.

We'll see....

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Let us know. Thanks and good luck!

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They just called and said "RF Module" needs to be replaced. Had to order so it'll be at least Wednesday before I get it back...

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,373 Posts
They just called and said "RF Module" needs to be replaced. Had to order so it'll be at least Wednesday before I get it back...
Since many of us are learning something here, I checked to see exactly WHAT breed of Challenger you have... looks like it is a 2016 SRT392 A8... and now for the big one: what's an RF module? Something in the car I assume? Wondering exactly what and WHERE it's located.

Keep us posted?

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Since many of us are learning something here, exactly WHAT breed of Challenger do you have... and now for the big one: what's an RF module? Something in the car I assume? Wondering exactly what and WHERE it's located.

Keep us posted?

Well that would be in my Signature, that I see for some reason is not being displayed on all of my posts, just some of them.... Hmmmmm.... Interesting.
Anyway 2016 SRT Challenger A8. An RF (Radio Frequency) Module, would be the component that communicates with the car's keyfob. That explains why changing the battery and attempting a keyfob reprogramming today did not work. About it's location, I do not know exactly where it lives in the car. Someone else might be able to chime in on that.

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
Did you try actually pressing the start button with the fobik? That is the failsafe start mode.

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did you try actually pressing the start button with the fobik? That is the failsafe start mode.
Yep but for some reason the car was shutdown due to the alarm. Dealer couldn't get it started in safe mode either. That's why I kept getting the UConnect alarm activation emails.

I guess there's a first time for everything.

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So the car is back and all working fine now. RF module was the culprit. Warranty paperwork shows it was about 270 bucks billed to Dodge.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts