Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2012 R/T
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a Diablo IN2 last week and innocently (and stupidly - thanks for the warning Diablo :frown:) reset the tire size in a tune. This immediately threw an ABS warning and ETC warning. I spent a couple of hours on the phone with Diablo last week and they deny the tuner had anything to do with it. Said they suspected a bad wheel sensor. I ran a diagnostic and came up with errors in the TIPM, steering and ABS modules. INPLAUSIBLE DATA FROM ABS. Clearing the errors does not help. It resets every time I start the car. I want to know, short of taking my car to the stealership, if anyone has had luck resetting the tire size to get the ABS module to stop freaking out. The manual states the circumference, in mm, of the acceptable tire sizes. I have attempted to reset the size using the Diablo to match but it still does not clear the codes. HELP!

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Have you tried to restore the original PCM backup data stored in the inTune?

If problem continues after the backup is restored may not be the tuner's fault.

If the problem goes away after the restore of the backup, try updating the tuner again and start over.

Hope that works.

·
Registered
2012 R/T
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the first thing I tried. Then Diablo sent a configuration file that was supposed to restore everything. No dice. I had changed the tunes a couple times previously, and everything was good until I did the quick adjust on the tire size. The idiot lights came on immediately. I was really hoping someone had been able to correct it. Posts like this all over the internet but they never get to the solution (other than dealer reflash).

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
6,168 Posts
That's the first thing I tried. Then Diablo sent a configuration file that was supposed to restore everything. No dice. I had changed the tunes a couple times previously, and everything was good until I did the quick adjust on the tire size. The idiot lights came on immediately. I was really hoping someone had been able to correct it. Posts like this all over the internet but they never get to the solution (other than dealer reflash).
I have no experience with the newest tuner from DiabloSport, but I've had an inTune-DCX-1000 and have a Predator, and both are pretty much the same when it comes to modifying non-tune parameters such as the tire size. See if you can go in like you're going to load a new tune, then select whatever tune that corresponds with the tune you have loaded, then select modify parameters of that tune, and then select Quick Adjusts or if that's not an option then manually find the tire size listing among the tune's parameters.

Once you're in there, just put in the correct tire size and Apply. That should get the tire size correct, but you may have to still clear any errors or warnings after that.

·
Registered
2012 R/T
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The error code is U140E - 00. It's all over the internet associated with performance tuning. When I get this resolved I will post the resolution for others. No one else has posted a fix. At this point I'm thinking my option is dealer reflash of the PCM.

·
Registered
2012 R/T
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Took it to the dealer and had the ABS module re-flashed. Problem gone. My advice - DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CHANGE THE WHEEL SIZE WITH YOUR PERFORMANCE TUNER. If you doubt me, do a Google search for "performance tuning abs light". It may be a one in a hundred chance that a problem will develop, but it can and does. When you tell the PCM that the wheel size is different from what the ABS module has programmed, your car will reject the ABS module like a bad organ. Then it's permanent traction control and no cruise control until you can get it to the dealer.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Took it to the dealer and had the ABS module re-flashed. Problem gone. My advice - DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CHANGE THE WHEEL SIZE WITH YOUR PERFORMANCE TUNER. If you doubt me, do a Google search for "performance tuning abs light". It may be a one in a hundred chance that a problem will develop, but it can and does. When you tell the PCM that the wheel size is different from what the ABS module has programmed, your car will reject the ABS module like a bad organ. Then it's permanent traction control and no cruise control until you can get it to the dealer.
How much did it cost for the Re-flash? Was it like $50.00?
Thanks.
Tom.

·
Registered
2012 R/T
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How much did it cost for the Re-flash? Was it like $50.00?
Thanks.
Tom.
$93 diagnostic fee to tell them what I already knew. U140E-00. The reflash was included. Took an hour at my dealer.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
6,168 Posts
I have changed the tire size on both my Challengers and not had any issues, but the wheel size remained the same.

Maybe the newer Challengers are less amiable to changes to those parameters?

Thanks for the thread update!

·
Registered
2012 R/T
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have changed the tire size on both my Challengers and not had any issues, but the wheel size remained the same.

Maybe the newer Challengers are less amiable to changes to those parameters?

Thanks for the thread update!
I waited 3 weeks to get this taken care of scouring the internet did answers. In most cases where this occurred, reflash was required (if a solution was posted). I would have to think for every one of us that has an issue there are hundreds who don't. I have been updating Diablo on the progress as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts