Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Challenger 392 Scat Pack Shaker. I popped the hood after 1k miles and there's a ton of garbage by the air filter. Literally 4 plastic bags and other garbage. Is this normal?

Attachments

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hilarious! Fake post of the week!

·
Super Moderator
15,381 Posts
need a few dead birds in there for good measure! ;)

Mine often has a couple of dead bees in the filter...guess the red color lures them to the car

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In all seriousness this is not a fake post. I made an appointment with dealer. It was a lot of trash. Mainly bags but also leafs and napkins.

·
Registered
14,278 Posts
Is this normal?
Yes, they didn't tell you? Those Shakers really suck in some air and everything else with it!

No seriously, I thought about saying a rat or something building a nest but never seen nothing like this.

Unless someone has access to your key, there's no way to get this in there with the hood closed.

It's not April 1st yet is it?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No one else has keys or access to my car. Also it doesn't look like the garbage was stuffed in there, the bags were all tightly wrapped around the air filter. Also if I look straight down I can see more garbage I can't reach (Payday wrapper) closer to the floor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not sure but it doesn't appear to affect how the car runs. I do 90mph every day. I live in the city and there has been a rat problem in the alleys but I don't think they'd crawl up there and build a nest, but I could be wrong. So frustrated with the situation. I didn't check for rat droppings.

·
Premium Member
3,196 Posts
Not sure but it doesn't appear to affect how the car runs. I do 90mph every day. I live in the city and there has been a rat problem in the alleys but I don't think they'd crawl up there and build a nest, but I could be wrong. So frustrated with the situation. I didn't check for rat droppings.
Could be some other critter too. I had a rabbit take up residence in my 2012 R/T front bumper and chew up some wires. Pack rats got into my 2013 R/T. I live out in the sticks though. I could easily tell if something was getting in the engine bay by popping the hood and shining a flashlight down to the belly pan. If anything got in there would be a small amount of debris and some droppings.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Wait wait...That's the new K&N......we've said all along they are trash. :lol:

edit for in more than 10k miles a couple small bugs have made it to my filter through the head lamp eye...

·
Premium Member
902 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,358 Posts
Where do you live that you can hit 90 every day?

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
yeah some animal did that. And yes they will chew up your wires, too so I'd fix that critter's wagon fast. I suggest you use a cage to safely trap him, then drive at least 10 miles away from your house before you release him. Otherwise they can find their way back. After you release him, or even before, you can very inexpensively ensure he won't be back if you shoot him a couple times using a .22; the bullets are still quite cheap.

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
This was back a few years with my 1970 Challenger, but a squirrel made a nice row of acorns between my intake manifold and valve covers. Thankfully there was no chewing of anything else under the hood.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts