Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need deciding on a v6 Mustang premium for $28,800 out the door and a Challenger SE for $24,950

V6=305Hp - Interior = Leather seats and a much better look IMO
Se=250Hp - Interior = I like it, just think the v6 is better!

Ouside i 100% love the challenger, mustang is great and everything but challenger is just so sexy. However with the v6 i get 3.9% Apr for 60Months
and Challenger is 1.9%APR for 60 Months.

The only thing i dont like is that i really want the Se to have leather seats, and even though the dealership may wrap it in leather, Anyone have any experience on the quality and looks as well. Will it look like crap or?

Last question: Price wise, is buying the car or getting a lease better?
if the price difference is only $100/month then id rather pay that and own the car? since i hear lease have such a high interest so id like soeone with the knowledge to throw me some close numbers to have an idea.

Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
i need deciding on a v6 Mustang premium for $28,800 out the door and a Challenger SE for $24,950

V6=305Hp - Interior = Leather seats and a much better look IMO
Se=250Hp - Interior = I like it, just think the v6 is better!

Ouside i 100% love the challenger, mustang is great and everything but challenger is just so sexy. However with the v6 i get 3.9% Apr for 60Months
and Challenger is 1.9%APR for 60 Months.

The only thing i dont like is that i really want the Se to have leather seats, and even though the dealership may wrap it in leather, Anyone have any experience on the quality and looks as well. Will it look like crap or?

Last question: Price wise, is buying the car or getting a lease better?
if the price difference is only $100/month then id rather pay that and own the car? since i hear lease have such a high interest so id like soeone with the knowledge to throw me some close numbers to have an idea.

Thanks!!!!
I'd go Challenger, based on my biased opinion that its a way better looking car and thats enough.

On the Lease vs Buy front, That really all depends on you. Do you plan to get a new car in 2 years(Or whenever the lease is up)? Will you stay under you milage? It can be a very good deal if you want to always have a relatively new car, but it has to make sense for you financially and economically.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Purchase a 2011 SE Challenger. It comes with a 305 hp V-6 engine. The dealer can install leather Katzkin seat covers; they look fantastic.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
+1 on getting the 2011 Challenger SE. Better looking car and now will have 305HP.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Two totally different rides, go and sit in both, front and rear, mustang may have a slight advantage in speed, but the challenger has the looks and can sit four comfortably.
Tout09

·
Registered
536 Posts
You can get a smokin deal on a 2010 SE which will save you more then 5K after taxes and the rest of the crap thrown on top. Having 250HP sucks compared to 305HP, but then again, I spent 18K on my car instead of about 25K on the 2011.

My Uncle just bought a new Mustang GT....Although the engine in it is beyond good and it was so much fun to drive...When we were walking up to it after dinner last nite I thought to myself how plain it looked from the side, and how much better my Challenger looked. Everyone has their own opinion and likes, but I could have gotten the v6 Mustang, and I choose the Challenger hands down.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Wayyyyy too many Mustangs on the road, with the upgrade in the Challenger for 2011, I'd wait for that....upsets me a little that they upgraded the Challenger for 2011....I might have waited myself!! I think the leather interiors on the Challenger are nice IMO....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all for the replies, but is the 2011 se out yet? Or any dates?? And also anyone have a suggestion on how much this car really is worth CARFAX Vehicle History Report on 2B3CJ4DV8AH131344 the price they have on the website is 26,495. Heres the link to it:Used 2010 Dodge Challenger NJ SE 3.5L 6Cyl. Sequential-Port F.I. Gasoline Shiftable Automatic 2 Dr Coupe RWD One Owner Dodge Challenger for sale in New Jersey at Sansone Auto Network Avenel NJ. sounds a bit too much for a used one...

Also, I have been inside both cars and like mentioned early, I liked the interior better, even though I didnt get to see how the leather seats looked on the se?

Sorry I cant quote since im using my phone, to the person who suggested me a specific brand of leather? Any idea on pricing. I just want ideas so im not scammed and ripped off.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Wait a few weeks and get a 2011 Challenger SE. It will have a pretty substantial bump in power and you"ll be much happier with it. Mustangs are great, but there are too many of them around and without that new 5.0, it's just yesterday's lunch warmed up all over again. I yawn when I see them.

·
Registered
183 Posts
They won't be giving the 1.9% APR on the 2011 for at least 6 months, probably more.

I always buy my cars. I don't like to lease. When you buy a car, you can keep driving it and enjoy life with no car payment for a few years. You will always have a car payment if you are leasing cars.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They won't be giving the 1.9% APR on the 2011 for at least 6 months, probably more.

I always buy my cars. I don't like to lease. When you buy a car, you can keep driving it and enjoy life with no car payment for a few years. You will always have a car payment if you are leasing cars.
Yeah i guess that too! i also am leaning more towards buying the car. i have good information on Msrp and invoice prices for new mustangs and challengers and can negotiate with that. However i dont know about used ones.

Also considering the 2011 is coming out, shouldnt dealers offer me even lower prices than INVOICE? if i manage to talk them into it, or is it a no go?

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
I would go with the challenger...oh wait I did

·
Registered
183 Posts
Also considering the 2011 is coming out, shouldnt dealers offer me even lower prices than INVOICE? if i manage to talk them into it, or is it a no go?
The longer you wait, the lower they'll go. Check every dealer and see how low they will go. Always be willing to walk away.

My friend in NY bought a 4 year old M3 for $27,000. The dealership lost $3,500 on the deal (was a trade in). It's definitely possible! Just have to be patient.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Yeah i guess that too! i also am leaning more towards buying the car. i have good information on Msrp and invoice prices for new mustangs and challengers and can negotiate with that. However i dont know about used ones.

They are. The paper was advertising them for $19,998 last weekend. I'm in ga. Someone here posted about a place in wyoming selling them for $18k.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They are. The paper was advertising them for $19,998 last weekend. I'm in ga. Someone here posted about a place in wyoming selling them for $18k.
Thats a sweet price, im assuming its for a new one too. I have checked the online inventory of a few closeby dealers, one selling an Se for $23,995 basic nothing extra... And another one dealer for $26,995 for knob wrapped in leather and a few extras, nothing I want. All in all I will go to both and see whats up with prices? Definately going to walk out the firat visit no matter what, and each and everytime I mention I will come back, they will tell me to wait one second and offer me a good price... Wish me luck! Im going wednesday after work but will keeeep you all updated.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I used cars.com to locate dealerships in my area. In most cases, you can log onto the dealership's website through cars.com. Most of the dealers list their cars at MSRP, but will sell for a lot less. In my area, the worst deal was invoice less rebates. I bought my R/T for about $6,500 under MSRP. I sent emails to three different dealerships through cars.com and told them to make their best offer. No haggling. A dealer responded with an excellant offer and I bought a car from them.

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
The new Se's have more HP and again I am BIASed too get the SE if you like the car, if you want HP well then get an R/T or a Mustang.... my 2.5 cents.. :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
The mustang is a nice car, but I just see so many of them on the road that it ruins it for me. Especially V6 Mustangs. Also, the mustang just doesn't look as much like a muscle car compared to the Challenger. I would wait for the 2011's. It looks like the V6's are getting some major upgrades.

As far as lease vs. buy. Leasing is good if you want a smaller payment and you don't plan to purchase the vehicle. But you have to be careful. You are more restricted on a lease. You don't want to modify the car, you have to watch your mileage and you have to take special care to avoid wear and damage. Also, you have to know what kind of lease you are getting into. Do some research online about Auto Leasing. Some leases have a baloon payment and you need to researh the difference between open ended leasing and closed ended leasing.

hope this helps!

·
Registered
764 Posts
I used cars.com to locate dealerships in my area. In most cases, you can log onto the dealership's website through cars.com. Most of the dealers list their cars at MSRP, but will sell for a lot less. In my area, the worst deal was invoice less rebates. I bought my R/T for about $6,500 under MSRP. I sent emails to three different dealerships through cars.com and told them to make their best offer. No haggling. A dealer responded with an excellant offer and I bought a car from them.
In my experience, going to dodge.com and searching dealer inventory through their system showed me better deals. I have seen many listed on there for under $20k versus cars.com which shows about $23k being the best deal. I think the reason is that they have to pay for the cars.com listings and I guess they last a while, versus the dealer run site/inventory search which they can change as much as they want and have easy access to. So you end up with more recent inventory information and short term deals. Some dealers really keep up with things like cars.com and craigslist though.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts