Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
took the Challenger out for a spin last night and noticed that none of the heater controls were lit up. Also, the heater will come on when I turn the dial, but none of the other controls will light up or work. eg....AC doesn't light up when pressed, turniing the flow from floor to def doesn't do anything..........

Any suggestions?

5,134 Posts
Yank out the center faceplate around the controls and check for a bad connection. Just grab the bottom and yank it out gently and gradually.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

thanks-----that panel was dam hard to get off.

Problem solved

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
took the Challenger out for a spin last night and noticed that none of the heater controls were lit up. Also, the heater will come on when I turn the dial, but none of the other controls will light up or work. eg....AC doesn't light up when pressed, turniing the flow from floor to def doesn't do anything..........

Any suggestions?
I ran into the EXACT same problem with mine. Before you do anything at all, go into the trunk and access your fuse box and find the fuse that controls the HVAC controls. Remove it and check to make sure it's good. If it is, reinstall it and make sure it is WELL SEATED. Ran into the same problem and that corrected it. If you don't have the back lighting of the controls, in all likelihood you don't have power to the unit and the fuse is the FIRST PLACE to check. Worked for me!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Must have been loose connection

I don't know exactly, but it must have been a loose connection behind the panel.
I did check the fuses first......that was a pain because I knew it was fuse #14......but the fuse slots aren't numbered in the box. I found plenty of diagrams, but again, not labeled as to which slots were which. But it said it was a red 10A fuse, so I just checked them all and they were fine.......still no lights/AC/etc.

I darn near popped off my fingernails before popping that panel off, but once I did, I just gave the connectors a firm press into the back of the panel. None felt loose or anything, but put back together and voila! Lights and air back on. Must have been loose somewhere.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Anyone have a good labeled diagram of the fuse boxes that show which slots are which?

·
Premium Member
7,322 Posts
. . . Anyone have a good labeled diagram of the fuse boxes that show which slots are which?
The fuse numbers are in the lid.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Had a similar problem on my R/T, heater and AC lights would not go on, heat would only come out on floor but no AC. Brought to dealer, took about an hour and the tech said it was necessary to realign the doors on the system. After this was done everything has been working with no problems. Not sure what else was done as dealers do not seem to like to give exact details on the corrective measures taken.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The fuse numbers are not included in the manual. My AC/heater controls stopped working on my 2010 after I had to jump the car. Drove it around to charge the battery, came back, turned off the car, pulled rear fuse #14 (red 10 amp) which was not blown, replaced it, started the car, and the cluster came back to life. These cars have some quirks, but I still love them.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Any suggestions?

Same problem:
Removed and reinstalled 10amp red fuse (R14).

All controls are back on line. Yeaaaa:grin2:

·
Registered
1 Posts

Any suggestions?
The fuse numbers are not included in the manual. My AC/heater controls stopped working on my 2010 after I had to jump the car. Drove it around to charge the battery, came back, turned off the car, pulled rear fuse #14 (red 10 amp) which was not blown, replaced it, started the car, and the cluster came back to life. These cars have some quirks, but I still love them.
There is also a fuse overlooked #28. U need blue 15 fuse. We were having the problem of no lights working at all on the dash for the heater and ac, tried #14 several times thinking it was that when we notice 28 had nothing in it. Put the fuses in 28 and heat!! And ac!! Hope this helps!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts