Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

I see on Speedlogix they have up for sale the black grill surrounds for the 2015. YEE! Anyone seen around anywhere how to remove/install the surrounds? I saw some install instructions for the 2014's, but wondered if this was different since the surround is entirely different.

Mopar Black Grille Surround 15 Challenger

Thanks!
Jim

· Premium Member
12,087 Posts
Haven't seem install instructions, but from the looks of it, it is going to be close to the 2014 style install. Have to remove bumper and push some tabs out. For the 2014s Mopar actually says to break the tabs (only instruction manual I have ever seen that actually tells you to break a part LOL)

· Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haven't seem install instructions, but from the looks of it, it is going to be close to the 2014 style install. Have to remove bumper and push some tabs out. For the 2014s Mopar actually says to break the tabs (only instruction manual I have ever seen that actually tells you to break a part LOL)
*shivers at hearing "remove bumper"* Well damn. Hmmm.

· Registered
919 Posts
Hey all!

I see on Speedlogix they have up for sale the black grill surrounds for the 2015. YEE! Anyone seen around anywhere how to remove/install the surrounds? I saw some install instructions for the 2014's, but wondered if this was different since the surround is entirely different.

Mopar Black Grille Surround 15 Challenger

Thanks!
Jim
Hey,
You have to remove the front bumper and push or break the tabs holding the grill down.....
i will love to do this in the future since mine came chrome but for the meanwhile i used plasti dip....
good luck

· Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey,
You have to remove the front bumper and push or break the tabs holding the grill down.....
i will love to do this in the future since mine came chrome but for the meanwhile i used plasti dip....
good luck
Thanks man. That's option b, just not clean at allllll.

I know the Scat Pack Appearance pack comes with the grill surround, so maybe I just buy that and have the dealer put it on themselves?

· Registered
919 Posts
Thanks man. That's option b, just not clean at allllll.

I know the Scat Pack Appearance pack comes with the grill surround, so maybe I just buy that and have the dealer put it on themselves?

I have done so many things with plasti dip that i became good at it lol...
but i took my time and coverd everything good and started spraying .....i never had the chance to gloss it tho so it can look black shiny....o well...

yeah hopefully they will only charge u an hour might do 2 hours and thats $130 per hour out here with me....but you can kill 2 birds with one stone if u buy the bigger srt/scat pack front chin spoiler....
I did mine last week and it made a difference...looks meaner now lol...

· Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have done so many things with plasti dip that i became good at it lol...

but i took my time and coverd everything good and started spraying .....i never had the chance to gloss it tho so it can look black shiny....o well...

yeah hopefully they will only charge u an hour might do 2 hours and thats $130 per hour out here with me....but you can kill 2 birds with one stone if u buy the bigger srt/scat pack front chin spoiler....

I did mine last week and it made a difference...looks meaner now lol...

Aw dude! I've been wanting to do the chin spoiler too. For 2015's do you just get the srt lip? Off topic of my original post but whatever. :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· Registered
919 Posts

· Registered
919 Posts
Yeah the bumper removal not bad at all...but u need a second hand to hold one side while u take off the other side vice versa

· Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Surprisingly...the bumper remove is not that bad. 4 Bolts and some push pins is basically all that holds in on lol. After doing a couple - once its on jack stands it about a 20 min job LOL
Ahhh... well dang then! Maybe I'll do it.

YEs sir,
You will love the look....is a must lol
Dude! Got any pics? Before and after? :)

· Registered
919 Posts
Ahhh... well dang then! Maybe I'll do it.

Dude! Got any pics? Before and after? :)

hey...
heres couple pics of after....sorry i just never took any pics prior to the small mods...lol
the first one its a file from online
others are from mine after mods...

sorry about the car being durty....

Attachments

Reactions: DJJimGreen

· Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
hey...
heres couple pics of after....sorry i just never took any pics prior to the small mods...lol
the first one its a file from online
others are from mine after mods...

sorry about the car being durty....
Damn man it looks so much better! I just wish that hellcat lip would fit...

*edit*

Also, how the hell did you get that garbage bag behind the grill? Nice!

· Registered
919 Posts
:|
Thanks man....
it is confirm that hellcat spoiler wont fit but i tought i saw someone putting one on a 2015 rt...but i could be mistaken...search forum"hellcat front spoiler" maybe u find it...but luke from stevewhite parts says its a no go....
well good luck on everything u do to your car...i have some projects during the winter like the hellcat hood...black fuel door...drop springs n some black gloss wheels

· Registered
919 Posts

*edit*

Also, how the hell did you get that garbage bag behind the grill? Nice!
I used blue painters tape for the inside chrome grill and sorrounding....just took my time and once done u pull and the plasti dip comes off in line perfect...just wish i did the glossifier to give it a shiny look

· Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
:|

Thanks man....
it is confirm that hellcat spoiler wont fit but i tought i saw someone putting one on a 2015 rt...but i could be mistaken...search forum"hellcat front spoiler" maybe u find it...but luke from stevewhite parts says its a no go....
well good luck on everything u do to your car...i have some projects during the winter like the hellcat hood...black fuel door...drop springs n some black gloss wheels
WTF you sound exactly like me...

I'm about to buy mopar springs. I want the hellcat hood. I did the black fuel door and looking at powdercoating the wheels matte black.

· Registered
919 Posts
WTF you sound exactly like me...

I'm about to buy mopar springs. I want the hellcat hood. I did the black fuel door and looking at powdercoating the wheels matte black.

Lol...i have to ask my mom if i am adopted and maybe u my twin brother.lol...they say twins think alike...

lets try this again....are u thinking about replacing your rear spoiler to a bigger and matte black one too.....if your car didnt came with one already.....what color its your car

ok i search your name and ur car came with the bigger spoiler i want....man

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.