Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so first off - my battery is not dead, I did try jumping it though to verify. And I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery terminals several times.

What is going on is my key fob is stuck in the ignition and the car won't start or show any ignition related activity.

It happened last night when I went to plug my Trinity in to adjust throttle boost (I've used the thing several times before with no problems). I plugged it in and it did it's count to 5 deal and then told me to turn the key to the on position. I did this but the Trinity never started up, it just kept repeating this cycle. I unplugged it and plugged it back in figuring I'd try again - this time the Trinity wouldn't turn on at all nor would any ignition related activity appear on the EVIC ... and the car wouldn't start. I took the Trinity inside and plugged it into my laptop to make sure it wasn't fried. It's not it started right up.

In the car, the headlights, horn, interior lights, and non ignition related EVIC messages like "door ajar" work. But the car will not turn on. After disconnecting and reconnecting the battery the EVIC popped up a message saying to "press brake and push start button to start". My push button is sitting in the cup holder but I pressed the brake and rotated the key clockwise to try and start it.

I don't know if this is a coincidence that this happened while trying to use the Trinity or if it is just a failed part. Who knows - I'll be calling the dealer when they open though.

Does anybody have any suggestions for me or have you guys had a similar experience?

·
Registered
515 Posts
I'm sure you did this but was the clutch in and/or the car in neutral?

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, thanks for the response but yes I had the clutch in, foot on the brake and shifter in neutral.

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well Chrysler Road Side Assistance is towing the car to the dealer under warranty. It should be picked up in about 2 hrs. The guy at the dealer said they have seen a dead short show up in the TIPM module before and that is usually what causes this...I sure would have loved to put that factory tune back on my car prior to it going to the dealer but apparently the OBDII port doesn't even have power since the Trinity won't fire up.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well Diablo said they have never seen this before but asked me to let them know what it ends up being. The dealer just called and told me that the Wireless Ignition Module needs to be replaced and the new part will be there tomorrow morning.

Hopefully once they replace it that will be all it is. They did say it is weird that the key is stuck in the ignition. They have only seen that when the battery is dead in the past.

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
Glad they're taking care of you, the fact that the EVIC said to press the brake and push the button to start...on a 6-speed...was a dead giveaway that something was wrong with a module and not necessarily a bad/shorted connection.

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got the car back today - They replaced the Wireless Ignition Node (WIN Module) and had to replace one of my keyfobs. All is good now and I gave the car a thorough washing this evening - I was happy to find no new scratches nor any greasy fingerprints or anything on the interior.

Regarding the Trinity I'm not sure what is up with it. I tried plugging in the tuner and it did the count to 5 thing then tell you to turn the key to the on position. It kept cycling through this and never started up all the way. I unplugged it and tried it again later on - same thing. I let it cycle 4 or 5 times then I heard a pop and saw smoke immediately so I unplugged it quickly. It actually burned a hole in the insulation in the OBDII connector wire. (see attachment)

I contacted their tech support asking them if I should I just buy a new wire and try again or should I be concerned there is some other problem with the tuner? Hopefully I hear back from them Monday.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts