Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys does anyone know if you can completely turn off all your lights during daytime operation of the car?? I have a 2015 Scat and it seems like they want to stay on. I have gone into the settings and to the lights app and tried to turn off everything but it seems as though you can't. Or maybe it is sensing they need to be on based on the lighting conditions when I've checked??? Would appreciate if anyone knows the answer to this question.

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
^^^

This is true.

The white halo rings are dim in the daylight, but you can't turn them off.

Reactions: Clevetown

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
^^^

This is true.

The white halo rings are dim in the daylight, but you can't turn them off.

Yep, the Halos are on full time, and only the yellow "driving lights" can be turned on or off.

Personally, I'm not a halo fan, so the dimmer units on the Challenger are fine. It would be nice to be able to turn them on/off, but so far we can't. I can live with that, as I don't have a choice! lol

I have the driving lights set to on all the time. IMO, just a good safety feature, and I like how they look. Dang bright, but if someone can't see you coming with these on, they shouldn't be driving.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
Yep, the Halos are on full time, and only the yellow "driving lights" can be turned on or off.

Personally, I'm not a halo fan, so the dimmer units on the Challenger are fine. It would be nice to be able to turn them on/off, but so far we can't. I can live with that, as I don't have a choice! lol

I have the driving lights set to on all the time. IMO, just a good safety feature, and I like how they look. Dang bright, but if someone can't see you coming with these on, they shouldn't be driving.

I'm in total agreement with you there. I have my amber daytime running lights set "on" too. The way I figure, you can't help but notice those amber halo's heading toward you. They are quite bright.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,865 Posts
Guys does anyone know if you can completely turn off all your lights during daytime operation of the car?? I have a 2015 Scat and it seems like they want to stay on. I have gone into the settings and to the lights app and tried to turn off everything but it seems as though you can't. Or maybe it is sensing they need to be on based on the lighting conditions when I've checked??? Would appreciate if anyone knows the answer to this question.
It can be done with some electronic wizardry.
http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f19/look-ma-no-drl-s-diy-2015-16-challenger-483737/#post6502705

This guy had the dealership remove a wire to deactivate for good.
http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f314/halo-lights-when-parked-635626/?635626=#post8104706

1 - 6 of 6 Posts