Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a deposit down on a 2018 Challenger RT Plus Shaker about 10 days ago that was in transit to a local dealer. I've been trying to track the location of the car through the dealer's website. About a week ago the "in transit" tag was no longer showing. The car is not listed at all through the search function from Dodge's web site. I've called the dealer repeatedly to find out where the car is and they say it hasn't been delivered and are unable to determine where it is, although I'm not sure they've actually tried. I've exhausted all search avenues I know and the dealer is less than helpful in locating the car. Is it possible to find out where the car is?

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker and 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,881 Posts
Was this a car coming from the factory or another dealership?

·
Premium Member
9,360 Posts
It can be in a storage yard waiting for another car or two going the same area.
My car appeared a full week earlier than expected, weird stuff happens with car transportation all the time. There have been dealers unaware that the vehicle is on their premises. You’ll get it soon enough, don’t let it get the better of you as in the end it’s just a car.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I put a deposit down on a 2018 Challenger RT Plus Shaker about 10 days ago that was in transit to a local dealer. I've been trying to track the location of the car through the dealer's website. About a week ago the "in transit" tag was no longer showing. The car is not listed at all through the search function from Dodge's web site. I've called the dealer repeatedly to find out where the car is and they say it hasn't been delivered and are unable to determine where it is, although I'm not sure they've actually tried. I've exhausted all search avenues I know and the dealer is less than helpful in locating the car. Is it possible to find out where the car is?
I run a dealership (not Dodge) and it is difficult for the dealer to determine the actual location of an "in-transit" vehicle. The trucks commonly choose routes that may not be direct and there is little communication between the dealer and the factory regarding status of shipments. All the dealer has to reply on are the estimated delivery dates that are published from the factory. I would ask the dealer what the estimated delivery date of the vehicle shows. It should give you a time frame within about a week. My experience is that they usually arrive faster. The dealership's allocation system should also tell you if there is a delay, but not always.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
13,863 Posts
It can be in a storage yard waiting for another car or two going the same area.
My car appeared a full week earlier than expected, weird stuff happens with car transportation all the time. There have been dealers unaware that the vehicle is on their premises. You’ll get it soon enough, don’t let it get the better of you as in the end it’s just a car.
This is a possibility. When I ordered my 2009 SRT from Bob Frederick, my car sat in a holding lot, in Detroit, for almost two weeks. Bob had to use his connections and "call in a favor" to get it immediately shipped to his Ohio dealership.

·
Premium Member
9,360 Posts
To a car dealer it’s as important as a t-shirt or a toaster is to Walmart. It’s just a commodity as a way to get your money into their bank account. We here know how exciting it is/can be but if you keep calling it won’t show up any soon as they aren’t going to be able to change its arrival. One thing for sure is they want your money as soon as can possibly leave your pocket. One thing I always do is before you accept delivery and car is all prepped and clean, tell them to get a dealer plate and you want to drive it first to see if it drives correctly and do not accept delivery if anything isn’t just right as they are very motivated to close the sale and if you agree to come back and have whatever fixed after it’s now on their terms not yours. There have people people here who refused delivery over an item and had them order another one. You always want to have that choice especially if it’s a decent paint or drivability issue.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for everyone's responses. I went up to the dealership instead of calling and they actually got on the computer and pulled the ETA for me while I waited. I guess they just had to want to help before actually helping me. Looks like it's going to be here around 1/16.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Thanks for everyone's responses. I went up to the dealership instead of calling and they actually got on the computer and pulled the ETA for me while I waited. I guess they just had to want to help before actually helping me. Looks like it's going to be here around 1/16.
The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Not that it will speed anything up. Please let me say, it is true: the waiting is the hardest part. Soon just a memory or a story. It's just the waiting.....

·
Premium Member
9,360 Posts
Nice to hear that you got a solid answer. Just over two weeks isn’t so bad, just try and find a way to stay busy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts