Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The engine light came on today and when the code (0072) was read it showed that the ambient air temperature sensor needs to be replaced. I know it is probably up front near the outside grille but I cannot find it. Anyone else have to replace or have a diagram of the location?

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Is that the sensor in the cold air intake hose? :scratchhead:

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
that sensor is near the passenger side light but you have to remove the front bumper to access it

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought so at first but it is different. It too is am air sensor but the one I need to replace measures the outside air temperature and sends that info to the computer and the air temp display in the cabin. It has a bracket build into it. There is a good picture on the autozone website I will try to post a link.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that sensor is near the passenger side light but you have to remove the front bumper to access it
Thanks. I found where it should be located but it appears to have come loose or something and someone put it on a bolt next to the radiator which made the wire be routed incorrectly too. I have relocated it but the light is still on so I guess I will take it in to be reset. I thought it might have been the wiring because the genius who owned it before me routed the wire in a spot that it became pinched and flat. I fixed the wire but the light is still on. Also, I was able to reach around to mount it without removing the bumper but it was a very tight fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts