Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone :thumbsup:
We are taking care of a sweet guy named "Shockwave" who came to us from SC. Lots of mods to say the least, however, cannot get rid of the codes and pass emissions in MA. Getting frustrated to say the least.
Can anyone help us?
Thx

·
Registered
752 Posts
Try the Antifowler trick. Get 4 18mm spark plug Anti fowlers from AutoZone, Pep Boys, Orielys, drill two out so the O2 sensor just bearly get thru. Take some stainless steel wool and take a small piece and put it in the pother two antifowler. The put the AF with the O2sensor into the other one with the steel wool in it. Then thread it into the exhaust bung. Be sure to use a little nickel antisieze on all the threads. Just dont get any on the sensor.

There are several threads on here about this tip.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
you will not be able to pass with long tubes, there is no fix

·
Registered
25 Posts
You could weld in some cats just for the emissions test.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
I'm doing the antifouler and steel wool o2 trick and I haven't had codes for a while now. It's certainly long enough to pass an emissions test

·
Banned
903 Posts
If MA is anything like some counties in Texas, they will fail it on the emissions test just by doing a visual and seeing the headers. This is the very reason I backed out and didn't do long tubes & high flow cats.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
I'm doing the antifouler and steel wool o2 trick and I haven't had codes for a while now. It's certainly long enough to pass an emissions test
and of course, this morning i get a CEL....... havent seen what it is yet but im pretty sure its either tstat or cats...

·
Registered
336 Posts
Check to see if his state has an emission exemption for mileage. Here in Missouri if you have less than 40,000 miles on a car that is less than 5 years old you can get an exemption for the emissions...after 5 years old, you have to drive less than 12,000 miles every 2 years to get it. You just have to have a shop verify the mileage and then apply for the exemption. I just had this done on mine, because of LT headers (failed inspection) and it was very easy (I only have 5,300 miles on an 09 r/t). They even let me use the failed inspection as proof of mileage. Worth a try if his mileage is low.

·
Banned
903 Posts
If somebody could figure out a for sure cure for the CEL issue when going to LT & HF cats they could make a fortune, wether it was in a tune, new 02 sensors, new cat's etc. that would pass emissions. I know i would be in because I would love to go LT & HF cats but I don't want to deal with all the hassles come inspection time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts