Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pic of hood

went to pick car up from a reputable shop and this is what I found. they were helpful and willing to fix but my ride had already left 20 min prior. hoping someone here has a suggestion for a fix. I already tried the adjustment bolt with the plastic head. no luck. also tried the front bump stops, again nothing.

·
Registered
2021 F8 Green Scat Pack Shaker
327 Posts
pic of hood

went to pick car up from a reputable shop and this is what I found. they were helpful and willing to fix but my ride had already left 20 min prior. hoping someone here has a suggestion for a fix. I already tried the adjustment bolt with the plastic head. no luck. also tried the front bump stops, again nothing.
Take it back and have them fix it.

·
Super Moderator
17,237 Posts
theres an adjuster with a hex end on the hinge - you access it with the hood open and it can lower / raise the back edge in relation to the fender

Reactions: Bob Ricewasser

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
theres an adjuster with a hex end on the hinge - you access it with the hood open and it can lower / raise the back edge in relation to the fender
Correct, it’s a plastic nut on a threaded rod. I have adjusted both sides with no luck. It’s gotta be deeper, like a bent qtr panel or hood hinge is compromised just slightly enough to offset. I just spent and hour and a half sweating my ass off trying to make the adjustments and had no luck whatsoever

Take it back and have them fix it.
It’s not a body shop, fear letting them “fix it” will not be anymore then a new mess to deal with. Plus don’t want it rigged

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
2,035 Posts
Correct, it’s a plastic nut on a threaded rod. I have adjusted both sides with no luck. It’s gotta be deeper, like a bent qtr panel or hood hinge is compromised just slightly enough to offset. I just spent and hour and a half sweating my ass off trying to make the adjustments and had no luck whatsoever
The hinge itself needs to be lowered. I have done this a few times, they build some play into it, to make adjustments. The "plastic nut" in the front, really does not do anything.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The hinge itself needs to be lowered. I have done this a few times, they build some play into it, to make adjustments. The "plastic nut" in the front, really does not do anything.
I’m specifically referencing having already tried the plastic nuts and threaded screw on the hinge by windshield (not the plastic bump stops towards the front bumper). Spend 2 hours yesterday and got nowhere.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I assume the hood was fine prior to this? Did the shop work in the engine compartment? Maybe they left a tool under the hood or a loose part that is keeping the hood from closing properly. The photo suggests a significant difference that would be pretty hard to "adjust out".

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
If they damaged it and will accept responsibility they should have it fixed by a qualified body shop. If they are not qualified or you don't trust them it should go to someone who is.
What kind of shop was it? What were they working on?
I am having trouble with a body shop that did not complete a repair. I have already filed a complaint with the BBB. If that does not produce action a social media blitz campaign is next.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I assume the hood was fine prior to this? Did the shop work in the engine compartment? Maybe they left a tool under the hood or a loose part that is keeping the hood from closing properly. The photo suggests a significant difference that would be pretty hard to "adjust out".
had them do a full once over on the build and check for anything they may see as an issue for a boost lag i was getting. they didnt turn any wrenches at all. i trust they didnt do anything intentional, accidental or without noticing is another story. i need a fix boys.

If they damaged it and will accept responsibility they should have it fixed by a qualified body shop. If they are not qualified or you don't trust them it should go to someone who is.
What kind of shop was it? What were they working on?
I am having trouble with a body shop that did not complete a repair. I have already filed a complaint with the BBB. If that does not produce action a social media blitz campaign is next.
i swear all around the country sh*t is falling apart. its like NO ONE can properly do ANY job anymore. feel your pain bro, right in the hood. hahaha

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
i swear all around the country sh*t is falling apart. its like NO ONE can properly do ANY job anymore. feel your pain bro, right in the hood. hahaha
Thank God! I thought I was the only one that felt that way. Pride in doing a job well done is disappearing. Just recently, I have had shops turn me away because the job was "just to difficult", read "pain in the a**". Or because they just wouldn't make enough money, read "rip you off". It truly is disheartening! And at a time when I am getting too old to do it myself! :mad:

·
Registered
232 Posts
what bout bolts on hinge to the body ? loosen rear one and pivot it down to pull hood corner down

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
had them do a full once over on the build and check for anything they may see as an issue for a boost lag i was getting. they didnt turn any wrenches at all. i trust they didnt do anything intentional, accidental or without noticing is another story. i need a fix boys.
You did not answer the question.
Was the hood fine prior to them touching the car?

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Scat Pack Pitch Black A8
882 Posts
Was the hood like that when you took it in? If it wasn't they must have done something to cause it. Or, did you have the hood off working on it and maybe leave a bolt loose?

·
Premium Member
2008 Challenger SRT8 #1101. 2005 Dodge Magnum RT AWD
562 Posts
Thank God! I thought I was the only one that felt that way. Pride in doing a job well done is disappearing. Just recently, I have had shops turn me away because the job was "just to difficult", read "pain in the a**". Or because they just wouldn't make enough money, read "rip you off". It truly is disheartening! And at a time when I am getting too old to do it myself! :mad:
I have a shop working on my Magnum (Daily driver). There are 8 clips (4 on each side of the windshield holding trim/gasket pieces.

I already have the new trim and clips and they quoted me $208 to replace them. 4hrs estimate to drill out 8 pop-rivets and reinstall the new ones. They even come with the rivets to do this!

Wood Fixture Gas Font Metal

Font Auto part Automotive tire Brand Label

Ridiculous.

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
$200 for 4 hours labor (it won't take that long) is pretty cheap. All the shops in my area are $100+/hr. So, still not that outrageous.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts