Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Challenger owners;:SM030:

I'm in the process of attempting to make my 13 M6 R/T faster. Mods thus far are a K&N CAI, Corsa exhaust, Diablo 91 octane tune, and a 50 shot of N20. To date I've ran a best of 12.31 @ 109 at MIR drag way (Time slips posted in the 12 second club). The problem I'm having at the moment is deciding what to do next. If money were no option then this wouldn't be a problem, but like most having a wife, 3 kids, and an actual race truck I still haven't finished puts a damper on things. Here's the deal. I have just purchased a spare 226 Getrag and 4.29 gears to be installed for the Challenger. In order to get this project completed I'll need to send the gears and rear to Unitrax in California. No big deal, but at the end of the day I'll have to spend around $600. I have no idea what this will do for my ET's but I do know it will increase them for sure. My other idea is to get the Comp Cam's 270, and install that in my car. I like this cam because of it's LSA, and purposed operating range of 2100-7100 rpms. This is perfect for a STICK car using spray, especially with the gear change I have planned. The problem here is all said and done this is going to cost me around 1K +, and I still need to have some head work done in order to really get the gains I want. So my question is what route would you all go first? What do you think will get me the best ET increase especially if all factors are ideal (good driving and launch etc). Lastly before anyone suggest using more N20, I'm not comfortable doing that, I want to keep it at 100 or less. Especially with the stock internals and manifold. Thanks for reading, and I look forward to all of your responses.:burnout:

·
Registered
75 Posts
It sounds like you're a 1/4-mile enthusiast. I'd wait until the kids are through college, then take the whole package and trade it in on a demon. Not only will you get faster times, but they'll all be under warrantee.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a great solution, however there are two problems....... The Demon is an automatic, (nothing against that, but not my cup of tea), and my youngest is 8 months old, so there is no way I'm waiting 17 years to get faster.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts