76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I need a trusted local garage to do things like:

-EFI/Dyno Tuning

-Cold Air Intake Install

-Oil Catch Can Install

-Supercharger Install

And some things that they may be able to key me into being experts in American Muscle, and maybe even Mopar if i'm lucky.

Being in a rural area (Vermont) this can be a challenge, and i'm not having much luck on google, finding mostly "classic" car repair shops.

Can anyone offer me some hints as to what to look for? Or find anything that I am missing. I live near Burlington but would travel up to 50-150 miles for the "right" shop/experts.

I know there is a local shop that builds WRC rally cars, so there is SOME sort of local motorsports happening; just can't find what I need right now.

Thanks in advance!! Trying to start a beautiful relationship here :)

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
945 Posts
Hello!

I need a trusted local garage to do things like:

-EFI/Dyno Tuning

-Cold Air Intake Install

-Oil Catch Can Install

-Supercharger Install

And some things that they may be able to key me into being experts in American Muscle, and maybe even Mopar if i'm lucky.

Being in a rural area (Vermont) this can be a challenge, and i'm not having much luck on google, finding mostly "classic" car repair shops.

Can anyone offer me some hints as to what to look for? Or find anything that I am missing. I live near Burlington but would travel up to 50-150 miles for the "right" shop/experts.

I know there is a local shop that builds WRC rally cars, so there is SOME sort of local motorsports happening; just can't find what I need right now.

Thanks in advance!! Trying to start a beautiful relationship here :)
I highlighted these in bold that's piss-easy to do so by yourself. It took me like 5 minutes to install an oil catch can. Here's a link for it.

Seems like there's a great dyno tuning as well as for installing any brand of procharger shop in Williston, http://quintinbrothers.wixsite.com/dynojet

Hopefully, that is helpful to set you in the right direction! Welcome from Colorado by the way.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems like there's a great dyno tuning as well as for installing any brand of procharger shop in Williston, http://quintinbrothers.wixsite.com/dynojet

Hopefully, that is helpful to set you in the right direction! Welcome from Colorado by the way.
Boom! Thank you! Exactly the kind of shop I was looking for. :D

This might be a dumb question, but the Oil Catch can is probably my next mod. Once installed, do they just sort of "do their thing," or is it something you have to check and empty periodically?

Thanks, and will reach out to these folks (in Williston) tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
945 Posts
Boom! Thank you! Exactly the kind of shop I was looking for. :D

This might be a dumb question, but the Oil Catch can is probably my next mod. Once installed, do they just sort of "do their thing," or is it something you have to check and empty periodically?

Thanks, and will reach out to these folks (in Williston) tomorrow.
Once installed you will need to check and empty it periodically. Again, it depends on how often you drive, and etc. I empty mine at the same time as I change my oil every 6 months.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Once installed you will need to check and empty it periodically. Again, it depends on how often you drive, and etc. I empty mine at the same time as I change my oil every 6 months.
Thanks. That isn't overly high maintenance then, which is good.

I am going to attempt to do the CAI and Catch Can myself as weekend projects this winter. Should be fun and easy enough.

I'll do a dyno tune in the spring at this shop and look into the doing the supercharger install there as well (if and when it's in the budget, likely from RDP Motorsport.)

Thanks again!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dyno tune scheduled for week of the 14th May, thanks again people. Doing it at Quintin Brothers performance. Apparently they have to send out the ECU because its a 17'.

Will report back on HP numbers bump. :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Been a hot minute since I was up in Saint A’s, but what a beautiful place to drive your car! Lucky!

If you’re of a mind to travel, and the shops you’re finding aren’t able to help beyond a certain point, you can always check with ESP down near Natick. It’s a hike, but hell- at least it’s still in the New England area.

Likewise... it’s a day trip, but OST isn’t more than a day’s drive to Penn if you really, really need to.
Looking at being back in New Hampshire here in a few years. Hopefully we’ll see each other around. If not, I can totally understand why you wouldn’t want to leave the area- that would be a hell of a summer drive! :sigh:

For those of you that haven’t been, lots of really awesome views, some good windy roads without being ridiculous, and some good highways nearby. In cold air. Relatively low altitude. And no advertising signs allowed on the roadsides there.

If you get the chance... hell of a place to visit, especially in the summer.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right on! It's funny most people talk about drag stips and quarter mile times on this site but 100% of my Challenger fun (outside of daily driving of course) is in twisty mountain roads. Vermont is home to Route 100 through the mountains, the Appalachian gap, and a whole bunch of other great scenic back roads. Beautiful drivers state and it's why I got the 6 speed manual.

Attached are some shots from the top of the gap, on the other side is the Mad River Glen ski resort. Just took the beast in for a full synthetic oil change today and will be cruising through the Lake Champlain Islands this weekend. Here is to the back roads! The Challenger handles them quite well IMO. :D

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts