Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,i ordered a airaid from carid and i received it today.first when i ordered it it was 264$ shipping include but 299$ appeared on my paypal (cad to usd).I said ok its only 30$ more but today when i received it ups said to me i need to pay 97$ more to take it i refuse it.And now i dont know what to do 299$ already on my paypal +100$? for a airaid i can get a mopar for that price dont know what to tell to carid HELP ME PLEASE !!!!!(so now the airaid is in the center post ):(

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Hello,i ordered a airaid from carid and i received it today.first when i ordered it it was 264$ shipping include but 299$ appeared on my paypal (cad to usd).I said ok its only 30$ more but today when i received it ups said to me i need to pay 97$ more to take it i refuse it.And now i dont know what to do 299$ already on my paypal +100$? for a airaid i can get a mopar for that price dont know what to tell to carid HELP ME PLEASE !!!!!(so now the airaid is in the center post ):(

You need to watch out for those shipping charges.

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,817 Posts
OP I I feel bad that happened to you. I hope it works out for you. I hate hearing about people loosing out on their money.

·
Registered
2015 R/T Classic Sublime
103 Posts
As a Canadian myself its a pain in the @ss ordering parts and getting them shipped. You really have to shop around and always bank on getting hit with customs fees. It sucks but there are a few places that aren't too bad. I have only managed to find one or two Canadian suppliers. Wish some places would show Canada some love on shipping fees. Would really benefit whatever company figured out a better way. Think of all the Canadian orders they would score.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
The merchant should be honorable enough to warn you about the additional charges and fees before they take your money.

If they do not want to concern themselves with knowing about shipping charges to Canada, then they shouldn't even offer you the option.

Good to hear Carid took responsibility, even if belatedly.

·
Registered
2015 R/T Classic Sublime
103 Posts
Carid does clarify it on their website. ( http://www.carid.com/help-center/canadian-shipping-info.html ) as do most vendors. Sadly for us Canadians we get screwed even the smallest of items. I was going to order war stripes from one vendor until I saw shipping was actually almost more then the stripes were going to cost. And from a different vendor I ordered sequential tail lights shipping cost me $9.00 not other taxes, duties etc. Its a crap shoot for any Canadian ordering from US vendors. But unfortunately, we don't have a lot of options.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts