Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! My Challenger got some sort of overspray on the front and front left fender. I'm not sure what it is, but I think it may have been concrete spray. Earlier this week on the way to work there was a place where they were putting down concrete and I remember driving through some water right in that area. I washed the car last night and noticed it. Today I was off and I tried a clay bar, cleaner wax and bug/tar removal. Interesting part is that if I take my fingernail I can scrape it off. I can't tell if it is concrete or paint. It is grayish in color although a light gray. Suggestions on how I can safely get this off my Challenger?

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
If the clay bar didn't take it off, I'd take it to a professional detailer. Don't risk harming your paint.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Try gentle action of a cloth soaked with distilled white vinegar and warm water dissolved 1:1. Be careful because as you dissolve it you may scratch the paint if you work too fast or with too much pressure.

There's also a product called Back-Set by RoMix, and it's designed specifically to this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts