Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine has a 09 6 speed and boths key fobs have gone bad. He has contacted Dodge with no luck. Does anyone have info that can help a fellow CT member get some keys for his ride?????? Thanks!! Karl :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
I have a Dodge dealer here in Nola that can help him.

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The batteries are good, it's the Module in the keys that went bad. MOPARBD is a dodge tech and has been trying to hunt some down for our buddy but still no dice.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Make sure he's actually tried replacing the batteries before discounting it...although I have the impression he has. Just sayin. Otherwise when I tried to get replacement fobs from the dealer I didn't hear from them for over 2 months as the parts were on backorder.

·
Registered
29 Posts
don't know how much this will help... but I just got a remote start kit installed in my car. So I got 2 spare keys, and the ignition module

·
Registered
468 Posts
Took two months for me to get mine. Having them replaced after the Win module was replaced. Remote start wouldn't work after mod replaced. Said key damaged and they were back ordered. Getting new ones on the 15th.

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Make sure he's actually tried replacing the batteries before discounting it...although I have the impression he has. Just sayin. Otherwise when I tried to get replacement fobs from the dealer I didn't hear from them for over 2 months as the parts were on backorder.
He's been waiting over 2 months now, still on backorder:disgust:

Are you having trouble finding new FOBIKs, or trouble finding someone to program them?
He needs the Fobiks, MOPARBD can program them at the dealership :thumbsup:

don't know how much this will help... but I just got a remote start kit installed in my car. So I got 2 spare keys, and the ignition module
Thanks for offering buddy, he needs one for a 6 speed (No remote start) :thumbsup:

Took two months for me to get mine. Having them replaced after the Win module was replaced. Remote start wouldn't work after mod replaced. Said key damaged and they were back ordered. Getting new ones on the 15th.
Good luck getting them. My buddy is so pissed he can't drive his car :fight:

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Edit: nevermind, fancy smancy computer fobs. That's horrible luck. I'd ask for a rental or some compensation or complain to dodge. If something is essential to running the car and they can't design a product that works or keep in supply replacements then that's not acceptable.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just wanna clarify (and forgive my ignorance on this), my car has remotestart, due me installing remote start, I have 2 non-remotestart fobs, and the ignition module that i am not using (dunno what difference it makes, just wanted to make sure we're on the same page :bigthumb: )

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Same problem here. It appears the 09 key fobs had a high failure rate, exhausting Dodge's stock of replacements. You can still drive the car using by removing the start button and using the fob as a key. The bad part is you have to use the metal key to open the door, and there is no way to deactivate the alarm, you just have to get in and start the car to shut up the alarm. A PITA on several levels.

P.S. I asked the dealer if new batteries would help and they said no. I tried new batteries and they were right, fob still dead.

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Edit: nevermind, fancy smancy computer fobs. That's horrible luck. I'd ask for a rental or some compensation or complain to dodge. If something is essential to running the car and they can't design a product that works or keep in supply replacements then that's not acceptable.
They no longer return his phone calls. Someone was supposed to hunt down a set of fobiks and get back to him, that hasn't happened :disgust:

I just wanna clarify (and forgive my ignorance on this), my car has remotestart, due me installing remote start, I have 2 non-remotestart fobs, and the ignition module that i am not using (dunno what difference it makes, just wanted to make sure we're on the same page :bigthumb: )
Sorry I misread your post. I'll text my buddy and find out if that fobik will work :thumbsup:

Same problem here. It appears the 09 key fobs had a high failure rate, exhausting Dodge's stock of replacements. You can still drive the car using by removing the start button and using the fob as a key. The bad part is you have to use the metal key to open the door, and there is no way to deactivate the alarm, you just have to get in and start the car to shut up the alarm. A PITA on several levels.

P.S. I asked the dealer if new batteries would help and they said no. I tried new batteries and they were right, fob still dead.
Thats the problem, he's an older gent and HATES hearing the damn alarm go off everytime he gets in the car lol.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Actually if the '09 is like my '10 then if you unlock all the doors and then exit the vehicle. Remove the metal key and lock both doors using that and you won't arm the security system or set the alarm off...but its still locked. I did that for a while at work because it's a safe area.

·
Premium Member
17,155 Posts
Actually if the '09 is like my '10 then if you unlock all the doors and then exit the vehicle. Remove the metal key and lock both doors using that and you won't arm the security system or set the alarm off...but its still locked. I did that for a while at work because it's a safe area.
You can only lock the driver's door with the metal key. The passenger door would need to be locked manually by depressing the lock mechanism.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Found one, and only one in stock at my local dealer. 176.00 for it minus programming it. Its for a 2009 Challenger R/T 6spd. PM me for number and contact if you haven't found one yet.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts