Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the recommended rim/tire fitment on a 2017 Challenger R/T? I want to use a 315 tire in the rear with a 10.5 wheel. Offset?

·
Registered
397 Posts
What is the reccomended rim/tire fitment on a 2017 challenger RT. I want to use a 315 tire in the rear with a 10.5 wheel. Offset?
With the 10.5 in the back an offset of 23-25 is what you want. 25 may have a slight rub on the inside wheel well cover and 23 may stick out the fender a hair. My 10.5 has a 25 offset and fits perfect. I had to cut about 6 in. off the inside cover of the drivers side to remove the rubbing under hard corners.

Ron

·
Registered
397 Posts
I’m running 20x10.5” +25mm offset wheels in the back with 315/35-20 Nitto Motivos, and while it’s very close to the liner, I don’t have any rubbing anywhere. Different tires can be slightly different sizes, though, even if the stated size is the same. So your mileage may vary. Also, I’m lowered on Eibach Pro Kit springs (about 1.75”) which can definitely make a difference. My negative camber is at the very limit of being “in the green” when it was aligned, which gives me a tiny bit more clearance to the wheel opening lip. So there are a lot of factors at play that could make mine fit whereas someone else’s may not.

Also, if anyone needs to know, I’m running 20x9” +15mm on the front, with a 275/40-20.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks awesome man yea I’m lowered on H&R springs and I know all tires would run differently so would have to see. Did you need to do a camber kit on it ? I was hearing that I might have to

·
Registered
397 Posts
I didn’t need a front camber kit, although I may do one for the rear, because I don’t like being right at the edge of the camber range. If you’re already lowered and your alignment says you’re fine, adding new wheels won’t change that. If you haven’t had it aligned yet, I’d consider getting it done. I’ve heard that anything lower than the Pro Kit may require adjustable camber bolts or arms. The Pro Kit is 1.75” drop and I think the H&R is 2”, isn’t it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts