Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys...

I had a door ajar warning message on my SRT8 and I took it to the dealer. They said it need some kind of switch that they will order and replace for me when they get it.

I wanted to be extra careful, so I went and disconnected the battery and closed the trunck. Only then I started thinking of how I will open it again to connect the battery !

Any ideas on how to open the trunck? I have a full size spare tire in the back, so it would be difficult to reach for the emergency release if I fold the back seat and try to reach it

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
If your sure the connectors not hitting any ground if it's the + one you removed you might try to hook a charger up to the jump port under the hood and hit the release button.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
If the neg cable is unhooked you should be able to hook the charger up or even a battery with jumper cables under the hood and push the button.
Ild unhook the charger or jumper battery prior to hooking the real battery back up.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Hi guys...

I had a door ajar warning message on my SRT8 and I took it to the dealer. They said it need some kind of switch that they will order and replace for me when they get it.

I wanted to be extra careful, so I went and disconnected the battery and closed the trunck. Only then I started thinking of how I will open it again to connect the battery !

Any ideas on how to open the trunck? I have a full size spare tire in the back, so it would be difficult to reach for the emergency release if I fold the back seat and try to reach it
If you can't get it open, I'd say sell it and get a 392!! Then don't ever do it again..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Itzrick: thanks man ... I'll try hooking the charger and hopefully it will work. I was not able to reach the release handle because of the spare tire.

SpudRacer: the funny thing is that before I close the trunck I thought how I am going to open the doors and I remembered the key .... but I did not ask myself how I am going to open the trunck !:(

I'll let you know how it goes.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts