Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought hotchkis sport springs and rear shocks on my '13 RT and now when i drive slowly over small bumps or any inconsistency in pavement i hear a metal knocking sound with each impact. Most of the noise i can make out is coming from the front end. Any ideas?

Stock sway bars and wheels, front and rear strut braces still on tight.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Did you install the parts yourself ?
What is do you mean by saying the "front and rear strut braces still on tight" ? Are these aftermarket parts that you installed ?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you install the parts yourself ?
What is do you mean by saying the "front and rear strut braces still on tight" ? Are these aftermarket parts that you installed ?
I had a reputable local shop do the install.
Ive got speedlogix front and rear braces i did myself, i mentioned it because i figured it could make the type of noise i referred to coming from the front end.

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
I have a question do you have any BT bling covering up your shock tower bolts? If so remove it and see if the noise goes away.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a question do you have any BT bling covering up your shock tower bolts? If so remove it and see if the noise goes away.
Nothing in there besides a catch can (on tight) and an intake (also tight).

·
Registered
31 Posts
suspension noises

I installed Eibach pro springs shocks and struts on my 13 Rt challenger, as I brought it down from the lift it settled nicely and everything looked good. I got in excited and drove off to my room, as I was driving I kept hearing a plastic knock sound coming from the rear wheel. After inspecting I noticed that the bolts above the wheel where loose. After tightening those up the noise was gone. I know long story but I would check that to see if that is your issue. If you look above each wheel you should see the two bolts I'm talking about, if those aren't tight then your bump stop is going to hit the tip of the struts wrong and cause a noise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts