Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EVIC help...

I have a 2011 RT, and while trying to figure out how to access the extended EVIC menu I discovered that I did not have a compass display in the cluster next to the temperature. When I enter the extended menu it reads "CompassRAW: 0 degrees" Other Challengers I have seen do display the current location N, S, E, W, etc. Isn't mine supposed to show a compass too?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a 2011 RT, and while trying to figure out how to access the extended EVIC menu I discovered that I did not have a compass display in the cluster next to the temperature. When I enter the extended menu it reads "CompassRAW: 0 degrees" Other Challengers I have seen do display the current location N, S, E, W, etc. Isn't mine supposed to show a compass too?
Eh, you don't need it, first thing I did was find how to get the speedometer displayed instead of the useless compass. Sun rises in the east, sets in the west, you're good to go.

·
Registered
255 Posts
To set the Compass, you have to drive it around in circles 4 times. Thats how they do it at the Dealership. Sets the compass. Easy as 1 2 3 4 360degree turns.
Mike

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Circles do not work. I do not have Homelink. Dealer said the car does not have a compass. :icon_evil: All other Challengers I have seen (mostly 2008-2010) do. So, I don't know. Maybe in 2011 the RT doesnt come with one?

The only thing I can think of is I don't get the compass because I don't have the NAV system.... Doesn't that mean I need the compass even more!?!?

Thank you all for the help so far.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
the compass module is inside the electronic overhead module (EOM) with the homelink. if you don't have the homelink option, then you don't have the compass either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts