Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! Went to get gas today...car is fine..everything is good. Put gas in her...same place I always fill up (Though they did have a tanker truck pulled in and were receiving gas)...go to drive off and like 2 minutes later the CEL light comes on. First time this has happened...bought the car 7 months ago. I drive for awhile, then shut it off and re tightened the gas-cap just to make sure.

Run by an auto-part store and they get the code: P0133..02 sensor circuit slow response bank 1, sensor 1.

Now I have a Borla Cat-back exhaust, Mopar CAI and a 87 MM Throttle body from Speedlogix installed, been this way for 4 months or more and never had any problems till today. Thoughts? I have read on other threads with people getting bigger TB's and having CEL's like months after they installed it...maybe I need to put the factory TB back on?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Your air fuel needs to be adjusted and you may have fouled your 02 sensor.

Try taking them out and cleaning them, you can also test it. Since you have a new th and cai I don't know if they would warranty it.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I went ahead and threw the stock throttle body back on and reset the computer...and the CEL went away. Just drove it about 15 miles or so and it has not come back...shut it off a few times during the trip...restarted it and drove some more..I know supposedly it would take a few cycles/miles before anything showed up again..but maybe I'm good now, I hope! Time will tell....

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Tshane, You can check for pending CEL also. Sometimes clearing will shut off the light but if the actual problem still exists it will eventually turn back on.

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
The auto parts store scanner should show it. I just picked up a scanner at Harbor Freight and it has this feature. Its good because if you just wipe out the codes the CEL will turn off but if the problem is not really fixed it will come back on (I know I repeated myself). I cleared a P0410 on my 02 Monte Carlo which shut off the light but it took me a few days to work on the air pump. The code was shown as pending but the light did not come back on. I fixed it by repairing the repair that the dealer messed up.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks BW...well I did take it back to Oreilly's and sure enough it was still coming up on their scanner. Took it to the dealership and they replaced the O2 sensor...I bet it was bad gas...just hope it does not happen again anytime soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts