Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I was a mustang owner for years. Loved the car got a ton of looks and felt like a was part of a group of owners. My son took over my mustang 3 years ago. I got a Camaro. The car is nice but I just don't feel the same about it. It does not feel as well like your part of a group of owners or have to heritage.

I started to look at the 2018 Mustang GT's and it looks good in Orange and like all the Tec. stuff.

I ran across seeing a Green 2017 Challenger RT Scat pac. Looks great and looks like you can do a lot of fun custom stuff. one thing like liked with the mustang as they seem ageless and are cool all the time if it's a new one or nice 12 year one :) Do you feel the same about the Challenger?

What do you guys think? Pros and Cons.

Thanks for any help and insight.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Welcome!

All I can say is get a Challenger! What model is your Camaro? I am curious to why you don't like it. But the challenger is looking timeless. Even an older 2009 like mine still looks like a new car. I get plenty of complements.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Welcome As said the Challenger hasn't changed in the last 8 years. Just interior and engine upgrades. Mustangs are du jour. Most here would find the question offensive.
Read here. There is real brotherhood here. Really too many reasons, no comparison. The Challenger IS what the mustangs and camaros were when they were born. The same. Do you want a muscle car or a sports car? Done.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I chose the Challenger because it has the true muscle car look that hasn't really changed ever and I wanted the ability for a usable backseat. Having a Hemi doesn't hurt too bad either. Too many people have Mustangs it feels like.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
561 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger Scatpack Torred
129 Posts
Started out in an 06 charger sxt. Quickly went to an 06 charger srt8, jumped to the 12 Camaro 2SS. I know what you mean with the Camaro's. Finally did the Challenger. By far my favorite car. Great online support and brotherhood. If your looking for a true muscle car. Don't look any further. This is the car. I do however recommend nothing but the 392 for someone that has experienced the SS.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01HD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
What your goal? Do you plan to track the car? Do you need functional rear seats?
The challenger is easy enough to mod but definitely tends to be more expensive to do so
and less resources to turn to. I would say most of the people on this site are fairly
hardcore Mopar fans. You need to drive both of them because they are widely different
cars.

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,352 Posts
Hi Guys

I was a mustang owner for years. Loved the car got a ton of looks and felt like a was part of a group of owners. My son took over my mustang 3 years ago. I got a Camaro. The car is nice but I just don't feel the same about it. It does not feel as well like your part of a group of owners or have to heritage.

I started to look at the 2018 Mustang GT's and it looks good in Orange and like all the Tec. stuff.

I ran across seeing a Green 2017 Challenger RT Scat pac. Looks great and looks like you can do a lot of fun custom stuff. one thing like liked with the mustang as they seem ageless and are cool all the time if it's a new one or nice 12 year one :) Do you feel the same about the Challenger?

What do you guys think? Pros and Cons.

Thanks for any help and insight.
You seem to be more concerned about how being SEEN in a car makes you look or makes you feel. Consider what I highlighted above. Did I get this right?

Then you asked if we think the Challenger is cool all the time. Hugh? Sounds almost like a rhetorical question.
...if it's a new one or a nice (older) one. Ahhh... They've looked almost identical since the 2008 remake.

How do we answer this question? How can we help you here given your apparent "take" on why you are considering this car? How can our comments affect the way you would feel while riding around in a Challenger?

Let me take a wild guess here. Did you by chance ask this same question on a Mustang forum?

Seeing you didn't give us a lot of info about just what you're looking for and why, it stands to reason that several forum members are asking you for more information. You'll need to be a lot more specific.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Are you asking about pros/cons compared to the Stang or what we like/dislike after we've had it for a year?

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,352 Posts
The words..................

I HAVE A DODGE IN MY GARAGE

Now doesn't that just flow nicely?
I have a Camaro/mustang in my garage...Nope....No Soul to the words.
Got your spelling taken care of :smile:

I can't get ANYTHING in my garage. Too much junk !!!!! But I do have a HEMI in my driveway. Does that count?

·
Registered
834 Posts
Another troll thread...and the troll welcome wagon falls for it every time.

I mean, come on...what kind of man posts to random strangers on the internet to help him decide on a $40,000 vehicle purchase? :laugh:

"Help! I don't know what to do! I'm so confused! LOL!!! My wife usually makes all the decisions for me!"

·
Registered
34 Posts
Another troll thread...and the troll welcome wagon falls for it every time.

I mean, come on...what kind of man posts to random strangers on the internet to help him decide on a $40,000 vehicle purchase?

"Help! I don't what to do! I'm so confused! LOL!!! My wife usually makes all the decisions for me!"
Only time I try to help too! "My wife makes the decisions" got me rolling..

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Last gen Mustangs are much better looking IMOP.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,833 Posts
Do you prefer to pass crowds of people, or interact with them?

A Guy

1 - 20 of 123 Posts