Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I just purchased my challenger back in december, haven't had any issues until now. I always use my USB Port - Aux to listen to music from my phone, a few days ago it just stopped working altogether. It will not search for data, or anything. It can still charge my phone, so I know my cable works, but the relay to the center console seems to be dead. Does anyone have any ideas of what can cause this, or has anyone ran into this same issue? I should mention that from day one, the aux mode was kind of iffy to begin with. I would have to turn my music program off and on from my phone everytime for it to work right, did I just get a dud...? lol...

·
Registered
236 Posts
Go get the unit replaced if its still under warranty asap. Chances are if you have GPS it most likely doesn't work either right now. This happened to me a few months after getting mine.

Reactions: JesseF04

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response, I actually have the simple version, basic radio no GPS. I was trying to avoid the dealership, but I don't think I have much of a choice. I was just wondering if others have been experiencing the same issue.

Has it been better since you had it replaced, and did they tell you what they had to replace?

·
Registered
236 Posts
I understand. I waited about 25k miles before going to my dealer and having them fix it. lol I received a whole new unit and was told the hard drive was screwed up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow thats crazy, i'm just amazed at how quickly something can go bad on a brand new car you know? But again, thanks for the responses, i'll contact them today.

Last thing, how long did all of that take, as far as them replacing the unit?

·
Registered
236 Posts
It took about 45min total.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts