Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing research so I can put drag radials on my 2014 R/T Shaker. I do not plan to use these for highway driving. I plan to install 17" Weld wheels (I now have the 20" stock wheels) in the rear, so what is the widest wheel I can bolt on with no other modifications? With that information, I then need to know what is the widest drag radial I can install, that won't rub anywhere, keeping the same overall diameter as stock wheels and tires (Goodyear Eagles)? I haven't decided on a tire brand yet, but I want something that really grips on launch.

Finally, to keep my Shaker looking pretty, how skinny and what diameter would one go in the front with matching Weld wheels, and what size tire would get installed? :) I have not lowered my Shaker, and have problems driving over some speed bumps and entering some driveways right now.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Well welds from what I understand require some modifications to the rear sway bar.

I just pulled the trigger on a rear set of race star wheels and MT drag radials. I went with a 17x9.5" rear and a 305/45 r17. A guy who runs a new scatpack as a drag car recommended those sizes to me, I believe he is on here as well by the name of "boostedscatpack". There should be absolutely no clearance issues with these.

For front I am looking to stagger a little and go down to a 17x7" with a 225/60 r17 tire. I wanted smaller than stock 245s but not skinnies. I will be daily driving this set up.

I looked at welds but just cannot justify spending $600 a rim when race stars are half that and look very similar (in my opinion).

I hope that may help in some form or fashion.

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. You say those recommendations are for a ScatPack, and I have a 2014 R/T, so I still don't know if they will fit. I know about the Race Stars, etc., but I'm pretty much old school. I'll go with the Welds if they fit without modification. I want the best forged, one piece wheels I can get, and I'll mostly be using them at the track, but I'll be driving on them to get there. Part of this mod will also require a new drive shaft and rear axles. I have a Magunson along with all of my other mods

·
Registered
800 Posts
I can?t really speak for welds as I said but try this link if you haven?t found it already: https://www.weldwheels.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Dodge-and-Chrysler-RT-S-Application-Guide.pdf
It?s a guide to their fits of the RTS wheels which is I assume what you are looking at. As for tires, 305s will easily fit depending on the rim and bigger sizes will fit with a little massaging of the fender liner.

The guy who recommended the race stars to me runs a scatpack but made the recommendation based on my model. They are essentially the same though minus the brakes. I have a 13? RT.

Also, I went with driveshaft shop for my 1 piece aluminum driveshaft. Great fit and easy to put in with just hand tools.

Reactions: Gila Hemi
1 - 4 of 4 Posts